12 August 2014

First smoothie

Today I started the 30 day smoothie challenge.  I made a mango, apple, 2 romaine leaves, coconut milk and ice smoothie.  It was a pretty light yellow green color, very filling, and refreshing, there was a slight bitter taste with a couple of swallows.  Overall it was nice.

I'm super impressed with the Vitamix, it made it look like something I would have bought at a store.  It was thick and gorgeous, beautiful, made in about 30 seconds of blending low to medium speed.

A friend tried it and scowled, "I can taste vegetables in it."


Made a second smoothie of kiwis, frozen peaches, frozen raspberries, orange juice, 2 baby carrots, water and ice; sweetened first with honey then with sugar.  Again it was thick and beautiful and my friends actually drank it  but this time without complaining.

So I have to say I really do love the way Vitamix makes wonderfully beautiful smoothies.  Perfect texture.

No comments: