22 August 2014

11th smoothie

Eleven represents a gateway to a new place.  Today I have finally resolved to keeping the Vitamix blender and just accept the expense of it.  Its new and it was a good value for the money.

It was built in Ohio on July 14, 2014.  So maybe we will celebrate it's birthday next year.

There are ways I could have purchased a used Vitamix for less money.  There are other blenders for less money, that would offer a good result.  The 3 blenders that I think could compete are the Waring mx1000, Oster Versa 1400-watt, or the Omega bl630. All are commercial blenders; all are louder than mine.


The reason I prefer Vitamix is that its made in America, Vitamix has spectacularly good customer service, to back up the very good warranty, its quieter than most high power blenders, and I suspect its partly magic in the way it blends food into a superior texture, color, and flavor. 

Id like to add that I've never purchased commercial-grade appliances before.  But I've gone through a lot of blenders, and learned they are one of the hardest appliances to design because they have to simultaneously pull ingredients down into the blades and then push the mixture back up to keep it all stirring around.

Now that I'm resolved to keep the new one, I can relax and enjoy it.  First smoothies made with the new blender. . .

Another unsuccessful orange frothy copycat.  1/2 c frozen orange concentrate, 1/2 c milk, 1/2 c. water, 1/4 c. powdered sugar, 1/2 c ice.  Too bitter and not creamy enough, very frothy though --> but separated within a few minutes. Fail!

Then made banana, 1/2 can of pineapple, coconut milk and ice smoothie.  Perfect!!

No comments: