Today is the first day if week three, and today is the big Orange Julius smoothie day! This I'm sure, very authentic recipe is from the Girl Gone Grits site.
1 c. freshly squeezed orange juice (about 2 oranges)
1/2 c. simple syrup (1 c sugar and 2 c water brought to a boil and cooled)
1 tsp. powdered milk
1 tsp. powdered egg white (or meringue powder)
1/2 tsp. powdered vanilla
crushed ice
blend
My variations:
-I don't have vanilla powder so I added 2 tsp vanilla extract to the hot syrup to try and burn away some of the alcohol taste of the extract.
-On the second batch I used 2 cups (instead of 1) of crushed ice for a better texture.
Result:
-One person said something is still off, but I think it is perfection. I may buy some powdered vanilla just to see if that fixes it. I do need to measure the powdered ingredients more carefully because the 2nd batch was more delicious than the first, when I did that. And it really does need to be fresh OJ!
1 c. freshly squeezed orange juice (about 2 oranges)
1/2 c. simple syrup (1 c sugar and 2 c water brought to a boil and cooled)
1 tsp. powdered milk
1 tsp. powdered egg white (or meringue powder)
1/2 tsp. powdered vanilla
crushed ice
blend
My variations:
-I don't have vanilla powder so I added 2 tsp vanilla extract to the hot syrup to try and burn away some of the alcohol taste of the extract.
-On the second batch I used 2 cups (instead of 1) of crushed ice for a better texture.
Result:
-One person said something is still off, but I think it is perfection. I may buy some powdered vanilla just to see if that fixes it. I do need to measure the powdered ingredients more carefully because the 2nd batch was more delicious than the first, when I did that. And it really does need to be fresh OJ!

No comments:
Post a Comment