Last night I had dinner with friends. I had to figure out something to bring. I didn't want to bring wine. Last time I brought dessert; good choice, so what should I bring? I went to a bakery and bought scones, but as I was about to pull into the house I saw additioanl guests arriving and realized I hadn't bought enough for everyone.
So I quickly drove to the grocery and looked at cheeseccakes, frosted cakes, then I walked through the produce aisle and berries were on sale. Berries!!!! Perfect!!!! So I bought strawberries, blueberries and raspberries.
I felt so good bringing this guilt-free dessert. It looked luxurious. Someone mentioned that it would have been nice to have ice cream, cream or greek yogurt with them, and maybe it would have been nicer for others, but for me, the berries were perfect. I ate them with my fingers, no spoon.
At potlucks in the past I've noticed that when I bring either raw vegetables or nice light salads, that people really appreciate those choices too. It's just nice to treat yourself to good healthy food. Its simple and its guilt-free. In fact its better than guilt-free, its life-affirming. Its like saying "Oh you feel tired or anxious? Then lets take a nice walk."
Berries are the berries, and they cost 0-zero WW points.
So I quickly drove to the grocery and looked at cheeseccakes, frosted cakes, then I walked through the produce aisle and berries were on sale. Berries!!!! Perfect!!!! So I bought strawberries, blueberries and raspberries.
I felt so good bringing this guilt-free dessert. It looked luxurious. Someone mentioned that it would have been nice to have ice cream, cream or greek yogurt with them, and maybe it would have been nicer for others, but for me, the berries were perfect. I ate them with my fingers, no spoon.
At potlucks in the past I've noticed that when I bring either raw vegetables or nice light salads, that people really appreciate those choices too. It's just nice to treat yourself to good healthy food. Its simple and its guilt-free. In fact its better than guilt-free, its life-affirming. Its like saying "Oh you feel tired or anxious? Then lets take a nice walk."
Berries are the berries, and they cost 0-zero WW points.

No comments:
Post a Comment