13 May 2012

Wish

I'm feeling so sick and disheartened and wishing, wishing, wishing I'd made so many different choices in the past.  I don't like where I am now, and wish I knew then what I know now.


Somone posted this wish on their facebook page, and I thought yes.  I wish I'd done more last year.  And yet I did as much as I thought I could handle.  I just wish I could handle more.  I wish I was less lazy, less of a baby to myself.

I just am so dissatisfied with everything about myself right now.  I am so unhappy to be alone, on the verge of divorce, torturing myself with wishes for what I should have done differently in the past.

Here is advice to me 30 years ago:  Hey, whether you like it or not, you are a timid person, accept that.  Now having accepted that, realize that you are very lucky to have found true love, that is rare even for outgoing people.  You might think there is a more exciting world of adventure out there that you might miss out on if you marry your first love;  that is wrong.  Your first love is your only true love ever in your entire life.  If you mess it up with him, you will have missed every wonderful thing this world has to offer.  You can only live well with family. With a loving husband and children.  I don't care what anyone else says, for you, this is the only truth.  When your true love asks you to marry him, do it.  Do it immediately and do everythign in your power to stay happy yourself.  The happiness of a marriage is dependent on the happiness of the wife.  And happiness is something you decide to be or not.  Its a matter of faking it till you make it sometimes.  One more thing, have babies, as many as you can.  Babies are even more important than a husband to your future happiness.  But stay happy for your husband too.  He is moody but doesn't understand it, or why.  If you are happy, he will be happy.  And your family, all of you, will be happy.  I promise.

No comments: