05 June 2014

Foot bath

I have been on vacation to warm salty sea water beaches with powdery fine white sand.  After going for walks on those beaches every morning and evening, now I'm craving the way that felt, like crazy. 

Nicest Boyfriend I've Ever Had explained that when you walk on the beach the fine sand wears away all the dry skin on your bare feet, then the sea water nourishes and heals your skin.  He was right, my feet have never felt so baby soft and perfect.

Too soon my feet are already returning to having crusty edges on the soles and I'm craving a walk on the beach to clean them up and heal them.

I did some on-line research and found a quiet-running foot bath that will both warm the water and keep it warm. Has a massage feature, without splashing too much. Is deep enough to cover my feet and stable if I rest my heels on an edge. A foot bath that will let me use essential oils or bath salts in the water.

The very best portable foot bath for home or small salon  is the professional PIBBS foot bath massager FM3830A. It costs around $100, (anything deeper or more extravagant starts at $300 and more);  I'm asking for this little luxury item for Christmas or my birthday this year.

Until then, I will make do with lukewarm water in a pretty bowl.  To make it the most luxurious foot bath I can think of, I bought a couple of packages of tumbled stones from the dollar store, and will have a layer of them on the base of the bowl.  Set the bowl in front of a comfortable chair and soak luxurioiusly.

Add ingredients to the water for the soak that you want. There are lots of recipes on-line.  Have a pumice sponge ready to slough off dead skin. A couple of hand towels for wiping down the foot and leg.  Then a good, natural moisturizer to give myself a nice foot and calf massage. 

Doesn't that sound yummy?   It does to me.   I am very excited and hope its as nice as I think it will be.

P.S.  First Love is engaged to be married, this will be his 4th or 5th marriage, so with all that experience he ought to be able to plan it rather quickly, I imagine.   I don't know much about her except that if he spurns her she will join the ranks of the many of us who have felt the painful bite of his cold and callous dismissal.  Maybe I should feel sorry for her, but I don't.  I resent the fact of her. 

Maybe I should forgive him, and  I'm trying but it's harder than I expected.  I know the pain and anger primarily hurts me, and then all those who love me, but I haven't been able to lay it to rest yet.  

 I try to take Joel Osteen's advice and imagine his face with the rubber stamp marked "Paid in Full".  I do that repeatedly, and try to soften my heart to forgiving him, but it doesn't feel like forgiveness is what I need.  It feels more like I need to find a sense of peace that all of this has happened for the best.  That his rejection was a kindness.  I wish I could believe that.

I was able to believe that with my ex-husband because he put me through so much after his first betrayal.  If he'd left me at that point, I might still be mourning him to this day, but I don't because he poured more and more torture on top of that first betrayal.  I have to try to face that First Love has already abandoned me twice, that's enough of a betrayal,  if he had stuck around instead he likely would have found a way to make me regret it.

2 comments:

Author said...

Did the bath soak with 2 pkgs of smooth pebbles from the dollar store, some epsom salts, baking soda, listerine!!, and pepprmint oil. After soaking for some time I sloughed off the old dead skin with a pumice stone (from the dollar store) and moisturized while massaging me foot and leg. Lastly I put the stones in a zippered laundry bag (from the dollar store) to store them and let them dry. Total cost: $4 for dollar store items and $3 for a whole bottle of epsom salts. My feet still feel wonderful.

Author said...

Finally tried the professional electric foot bath pictured in this post. And for me, it is NOT worth $100. I actually prefer my bucket with warm water and dollar store stones, to the vibrating, heated foot bath. I'm sure its well made and durable but it is certainly too expensive when an old bucket and stones is just as good or better. oh well.