I'm in a morbid mood lately. Morbid obesity.
The best way I've found to encourage myself is to look back at my successes, find as many tangible ways to measure my successes as possible.
Here is a Body Mass Index Calcultor to determine the numbers. I can put in my starting weight and determine my BMI, then put in my current weight and see how amazingly lower the number is! I started in the range of Obesity BMI and am now in the range of Overweight or Overfat BMI. Better yet I can put in my goal weights and see how much I will succeed even more in the future.
I've been wondering if there are benefits to being overweight and of course I can measure the benefits on a commercial scale. It is a benefit to all the food manufacuturers if I am a virtuous consumer by eating and drinking lots. And a benefit to the weight loss industry when I am a virtuous consumer by buying lots of weight loss products and services. Then I would become a benefit to the medical and pharmaceutical companies if I would become so ill that I should need drastic help to manage staying alive despite my virtuous habits of eating lots and buying lots of weight loss products while remaining obese. So yes there are lots of virtues and benefits to being obese.
I've decided instead to be good and loving to myself rather than the food manufacturers, weight loss industry, medical and pharmeceutical companies. With my actions I choose to love myself more than I love being virtuous to them.
The best way I've found to encourage myself is to look back at my successes, find as many tangible ways to measure my successes as possible.
Here is a Body Mass Index Calcultor to determine the numbers. I can put in my starting weight and determine my BMI, then put in my current weight and see how amazingly lower the number is! I started in the range of Obesity BMI and am now in the range of Overweight or Overfat BMI. Better yet I can put in my goal weights and see how much I will succeed even more in the future.
I've been wondering if there are benefits to being overweight and of course I can measure the benefits on a commercial scale. It is a benefit to all the food manufacuturers if I am a virtuous consumer by eating and drinking lots. And a benefit to the weight loss industry when I am a virtuous consumer by buying lots of weight loss products and services. Then I would become a benefit to the medical and pharmaceutical companies if I would become so ill that I should need drastic help to manage staying alive despite my virtuous habits of eating lots and buying lots of weight loss products while remaining obese. So yes there are lots of virtues and benefits to being obese.
I've decided instead to be good and loving to myself rather than the food manufacturers, weight loss industry, medical and pharmeceutical companies. With my actions I choose to love myself more than I love being virtuous to them.

No comments:
Post a Comment