18 March 2011

Apple and Pears

The world seems to be divided up into three different figure types . . . and thin.


My mother has an hourglass figure. That means she stores fat on her body equally between the upper and lower half of her body. Her waist always remains well defined.

My sister has a pear shape. This is when a woman stores fat on the lower half of her body. Her hips and bottom, legs and thighs.

I have an apple shape. I store fat on the upper half of my body. My tummy and bust, arms and back.

Currently my top is one or two sizes larger than by bottom. I wear between a 14-16 on bottom, and size 16-16W-18 on top. I've always been one size larger on top than bottom.

As I am changing sizes relatively frequently its important to me to wear the correct size and not wear clothes that are very baggy. So when I buy new I want them to either fit exactly or else a little bit snug. I'm buying a few important new pieces for retail prices when I move down to a new size but have also started shopping in second hand stores, otherwise it just would be too expensive to buy new clothes all the time. I was wearing a 42DD bra but last night bought a size 40DD bra; its too snug but better than sagging in a too big bra. (note: couldn't wear this bra yet, still too tight)

One of my favorite things to do is giving to Goodwill clothes that are too big for me. Its like shedding my skin for a new and more attractive figure. It feels absolutely wonderful.

No comments: