15 March 2011

Measures

There are lots of ways of measuring how much weight one has lost. Weighing on a scale of course. Also by taking body measurements. Or a more general measure is by clothing size.

When I started out at 221 lbs I was so big that I could not face taking body measurements. But then I moved down from a size 2X to a size 1X. That is one or two full sizes.

Then about two weeks ago I moved down half a size from 1X to XL. So I decided to try and figure out the American clothing size system. This chart helped me a lot.

Juniors: XS = 00-1.  S = 3-5.  M = 7-9.   L = 11-13.  XL = 15-17.    XXL = 19.
Misses: XS = 0-2.   S = 4-6.  M = 8-10.  L = 12-14.  XL = 16-18.    XXL = 20.
Womens:  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1X = 16W-18W.  2X = 20W-22W.  3X = 24W-26W.




When I'm firmly in the Misses clothing size range, when all Women's Plus size clothing feels too big, then I'll feel confident enough to be able to face taking body measurements.  Until then I'll be content to use clothing as my measure.  I have a theory that clothing size roughly corresponds to my weight divided by 10; so at 120 I might wear size 12, and at 220 I wear size 22.

No comments: