24 March 2011

Meditation

Why include meditation in a slimming plan?

Well for one thing meditation, just like any activity makes me very aware of my body and how comfortable I am in it.

I have never paid so much attention to how comfortable or uncomfortable I am in my own skin then when learning to meditate.  It takes time for your legs to work up to feeling comfortable while sitting motionless.  So that body self awareness in and of its self is valuable motivation for being slim.


Also meditation helps to open my mind to all the possibilities in the world, helping me become aware of solutions to problems that I might find no other way.

One of the things that contributes to being overweight is not paying enough attention to myself and my needs.  Meditation is time scheduled and set aside to do nothing except paying attention.

No comments: