04 April 2011

Crutches


I found this wonderful set of Before -- During -- After pictures of a woman who has a figure similar to mine.  I love these pictures.  She lost 83 pounds in one year!!!!!!  That is fast!!!!  And she looks great!  

I started at 211.  I'll officially no longer be obese, but instead within the category of Overweight when I lose 10 more pounds and weigh 177.  And my initial goal is 130 with the ultimate goal of being able to maintain 120 pounds.

So I will return to these pictures again and again for inspiration.

So the subject I really wanted to write about are the different crutches I use to lose weight.  My goal is to change my behavior forever.  I want to eat smaller amounts of food.  I hope to be satisfied smaller amounts of food and crave healthier food.  I know that I consciously feel as if I'm treating myself very well in a loving way when I eat healthier foods.

But sometimes I depend on crutches to help curb behavior that I want to eliminate by replacing it with healthier behavior.  

Here is what I use:
Newton Homeopathic Appetite Suppressant drops -- these work wonderfully, within 5 minutes for sure.

Hoodia Appetite Suppressant tablets -- I think these work too, but I was told they would work better if I used them everyday as the package labeling suggests.  But here is my problem with that.  I do not want to become dependant on pills. I want to change my behavior in a way I can maintain for the rest of my life.

I do not want to be dependent on pills  or drops for the rest of my life.  So I use them when I have a period of time when my cravings are getting the better of me, but then I stop using them when I feel better in control. So I've only used both the drops and tablets for up to 3-5 days in a row, about 3 times since I started in August 2010; maybe not even that often.

In the past 2 weeks I've really been struggling with craving Pizza, Nachos, Potato Chips with Dip, and Chocolate Cake or Brownies.  I've been losing that struggle every day too, and my weight is going up again.  I've let myself lose the struggle because I want to be gentle with myself.  So I might start using the crutches again if I really can't get this in control this week.  We'll see.  I'll report on this later.

No comments: