I like the title of this post, it reminds of a quote from the movie Bridget Jones' Diary. Wendy--"Yes why is it there are so many unmarried women's in their thirties these days, Bridget?" Bridget--"Well I don't know. I suppose it doesn't help that underneath our clothes our entire bodies are covered in scales."
So covered in scales, metaphorically that is true, isn't it? Women in the west where food is plentiful and manual labor is considered lower class and therefore usually does not pay well nor have good insurance and pension benefits, its easy to become plump and then the scale we weigh ourselves on can become an obsession of measuring whether we are too plump or not. So without trying to change the social, monetary and political order of things, how to deal with that obsession?
One way to deal with an obsession with the scale, is how I did in the past. I stopped worrying about it. In fact, I didn't stop thinking about it but did stop using it. However just like not balancing your checkbook doesn't help you to stop overspending, hiding from the scale didn't help me maintain a healthy weight.
Now I want to reach and maintain a healthy weight. So I've decided I will try every trick I can think of to do that. I do use the scale to help measure my weight loss and importantly to help set goals. I combine the scale with other ways of measuring success too. Now that I am firmly in the overweight category, I think I can brave taking my measurements and compare them to clothing size charts then set goals by clothing size.
Another way of trying to motivate myself is by visualizing myself slim. Trying to imagine how it feels to move around in a slim body. How it looks to wear small size clothes. What it looks, feels, sounds, smells and tastes like to be slim.
Wish me good luck.
Junior sizes:
Misses's sizes:
So covered in scales, metaphorically that is true, isn't it? Women in the west where food is plentiful and manual labor is considered lower class and therefore usually does not pay well nor have good insurance and pension benefits, its easy to become plump and then the scale we weigh ourselves on can become an obsession of measuring whether we are too plump or not. So without trying to change the social, monetary and political order of things, how to deal with that obsession?
One way to deal with an obsession with the scale, is how I did in the past. I stopped worrying about it. In fact, I didn't stop thinking about it but did stop using it. However just like not balancing your checkbook doesn't help you to stop overspending, hiding from the scale didn't help me maintain a healthy weight.
Now I want to reach and maintain a healthy weight. So I've decided I will try every trick I can think of to do that. I do use the scale to help measure my weight loss and importantly to help set goals. I combine the scale with other ways of measuring success too. Now that I am firmly in the overweight category, I think I can brave taking my measurements and compare them to clothing size charts then set goals by clothing size.
Another way of trying to motivate myself is by visualizing myself slim. Trying to imagine how it feels to move around in a slim body. How it looks to wear small size clothes. What it looks, feels, sounds, smells and tastes like to be slim.
Wish me good luck.
Junior sizes:
| 5'4"–5'5" (162.5–165 cm) tall, higher bust, shorter back | ||||||||||||
| Dimension/Size | 00 | 0 | 1 | 3 | 5 | 7 | 9 | 11 | 13 | 15 | 17 | 18 |
|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|
| Bust | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37½ | 39 | 41 | 43 | 45 |
| Waist | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29½ | 31 | 33 | 35 | 37 |
| Hips | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39½ | 41 | 43 | 45 | 47 |
| Back-waist length | 13¾ | 14 | 14½ | 14¾ | 15 | 15¼ | 15½ | 15¾ | 16 | 16¼ | 16½ | 16¾ |
Misses's sizes:
| 5'5"–5'6" (165–168 cm) tall, average bust, average back | ||||||||||
| Dimension/Size | 2 | 4 | 6 | 8 | 10 | 12 | 14 | 16 | 018 | 20 |
|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|
| Bust | 32-34 | 34 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37½ | 39 | 40½ | 42 | 44 |
| Waist | 22-24½ | 25½ | 26½ | 27½ | 28½ | 30 | 31½ | 33 | 34½ | 36½ |
| Hip | 33-35½ | 36½ | 37½ | 38½ | 39½ | 41 | 42½ | 44 | 45½ | 47½ |
| Back-waist length | 14½ | 14¾ | 15½ | 15¾ | 16 | 16¼ | 16½ | 16¾ | 17 | 17¼ |
Women's Plus sizes:
| 5'5"–5'6" (165–168 cm) tall, average bust, average back | |||||||
| Dimension/Size | 38 (16W) | 40 (18W) | 42 (20W) | 44 (22W) | 46 (24W) | 48 (26W) | 50 (28W) |
|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|
| Bust | 42 | 44 | 46 | 48 | 50 | 52 | 54 |
| Waist | 35 | 37 | 39 | 41½ | 44 | 46½ | 49 |
| Hip | 44 | 46 | 48 | 50 | 52 | 54 | 56 |
| Back-waist length | 17¼ | 17⅜ | 17½ | 17⅝ | 17¾ | 17⅞ | 18 |

No comments:
Post a Comment