12 June 2012

N'ever

Every weigh-in at Weight Watchers is the same, I have no idea if the scale is going to show whether I have lost weight or not.  This week I did really well at eating fewer number of points per day than the 26 minimum required, but then on Saturday I ate 75 pistachios that used up those leftover points and some weekly points too.*  Every morning I weighed myself and was 160 lbs, then Sunday and Monday I weighed 164 lbs!

[*UPDATE:  Read the label on the pistachios container and discovered 49 pistachios is one ounce serving of 140 calories, so I seriously over-counted the number of points for what I actually ate.  I have to go back and re-figure out that whole week.  I'm eating way under (12-20 WW points per day) the 26 WW points I should eat each day and so I don't know why I'm not losing weight faster, the only thing I can figure out is that again I've been super stressed lately -- that always makes me gain weight.]

To make it worse I was going to eat no points on Monday to make sure the weight loss would still show up, but there was a family birthday and I made dinner and ate some too: whole wheat spaghetti with marinara, peas with butter, salad with fat-free dressing, plus angel food cake with fat-free frosting and raspberries.  That meant I used up all my points in one meal!  Monday night I measured my waist and it was 38", up an inch and a half too!!

Oddly, I have sciatica pain for two days too, and there is no reason for it, and its on the right side where I never had it before.  According to Louise Hay sciatica is about being hypocritical, fear of money and the future.  Pain is about guilt, because guilt always seeks punishment.  Right side of the body is about giving out, letting go, masculine energy, men, father.  Chant affirmations:  "All my relationships are loving and harmonious.  I release any desperation and allow love to find me.   I give out love and it is returned to me multiplied. I know that I deserve love and accept it now.  The more grateful I am the more reasons I find to be grateful.  I prosper wherever I turn."

Fat is about oversensitivity; represents fear and shows a need for protection. Fear may be a hidden anger and resistance to forgive.  Running away from feelings. Insecurity, self-rejection and seeking fulfillment.  Fat arms are anger at being denied love.  Fat belly anger at being denied nourishment.  Chant affirmations:  "I am safe.  It is safe to feel.  My feelings are normal and acceptable.  I love and approve of myself and I trust the process of life.  I am safe. I now discover how wonderful I am.  I choose to love and enjoy myself."

So I don't know what will happen with the weigh-in today.  It will piss me off if I show no weight loss considering that I always eat less than half my weekly points, and get exercise almost every day.  Who knows?  The scale is beyond logic, at least beyond my logic.  I must lose 6+ lbs per month!


I do know that I have to add weight resistance exercises in order to build muscle, to need more kcals per day, and also because a fitness trainer explained that although aerobic exercise continues to burn fat for 2-3 hours after exercising, weight lifting continues to burn fat for 1-2 days after exercising.

So Tuesday official Weight Watchers weigh-in is 164 lbs, up .4 lbs.  GRrrrrr
My first thing in the morning home scale is 163 lbs. Omron scale is 163.8 lbs, 28.1 BMI, 43.4% body fat, 23.9% muscle, visceral fat is 9, and need to eat 1438 kcals per day to maintain my weight.  Measurements:
Bust 44.25"
Rib 35"
Waist 36.75"
Hips 40.5"
Bicep 12.5"right
Thigh 21.5"right  

No comments: