09 June 2012

Confidence

I need to improve self confidence.  In a relationship with other people we crave a little bit of challenge, we want to grow.  If I have not enough self confidence then I can't challenge myself nor anyone else.

"Confidence is courage at ease." --Daniel Maher

How to Build Self Confidence, has really good advice; in fact the whole Positivity blog is good.

10 Ways to Instantly Build Self Confidence, recommends putting yourself out there, in front;  and recommends the unusual idea of writing a 30-60 second commercial where you sell yourself, and then rehearse it in a mirror to yourself everyday. Smile at yourself in the mirror.

When I went to the counselor she asked me to come up with something I'm good at.  I had already said I have a natural god-given talent for parallel parking but she asked for something more.  I thought a long time before I came up with, that I might be good at writing.  That when I write letters it helps clarify things to me, and maybe to the person I write to, too.

But what are more things I'm good at?
1. parallel parking
2. maybe writing, not sure
3. drawing, am sure, but I don't do it anymore
4. sewing, am sure, but I rarely do it anymore
5. gentle with animals.
6. currently successful at losing or maintaing weight for more than 1 and 1/2 years.

No comments: