I am wearing size large-14 on top now, and size 12 on bottom too! I am so excited! I am finally in regular sizes, no extra large sizes. Thank you God! That's what I kept repeating in the dressing room, thank you God, thank you God, thank you God!
I went shopping in a department store, and a second hand shop today. In the department store I even bought a pair of size 10 jeans. Those jeans have stretchy lycra, but still they are size 10. In the second hand shop I was trying on and wearing all size large tops.
Then I came home and went into my storage closet where I have clothes from as far back as high school and guess what! I can wear all of my tops. There are some suit jackets and skirts that still do not fit. But all my shirts fit! I cannot believe it! I weighed 135 when I wore those clothes. How could they fit me now at 172????
So I've done the second major cull of my wardrobe tonight. The first time on 26 March 2011 I got rid of all size 2x and 3x clothes, and half the size 1x clothes. This time I got rid of more 1x clothing. I haven't gotten rid of any size extra large tops, even though they are too big, because they're still all so new, all from this spring. But my closet is bursting with new clothes from storage closet. So many new (old) clothes.
The only trouble is that I've forgotten how to shop and put together cute outfits. I still just want to buy black t-shirts which is what I wore a lot when I was much bigger. I have about twenty black t-shirts now!?! So when I lose more weight, enough to warrant another cull, then I'll be careful to buy only pieces that will make cute outfits. I'm even tired of black nowdays. I still love navy and brown but black is a color I associate too much with the past.
Another nice thing I did for myself today was have a make-over at the department store. I've been really wondering about modern techniques for applying make-up. So I got a free eyeshadow and mascara set, and a real boost to my morale. You know even my haircut looks better since I'm losing weight.
I went shopping in a department store, and a second hand shop today. In the department store I even bought a pair of size 10 jeans. Those jeans have stretchy lycra, but still they are size 10. In the second hand shop I was trying on and wearing all size large tops.
Then I came home and went into my storage closet where I have clothes from as far back as high school and guess what! I can wear all of my tops. There are some suit jackets and skirts that still do not fit. But all my shirts fit! I cannot believe it! I weighed 135 when I wore those clothes. How could they fit me now at 172????
So I've done the second major cull of my wardrobe tonight. The first time on 26 March 2011 I got rid of all size 2x and 3x clothes, and half the size 1x clothes. This time I got rid of more 1x clothing. I haven't gotten rid of any size extra large tops, even though they are too big, because they're still all so new, all from this spring. But my closet is bursting with new clothes from storage closet. So many new (old) clothes.
The only trouble is that I've forgotten how to shop and put together cute outfits. I still just want to buy black t-shirts which is what I wore a lot when I was much bigger. I have about twenty black t-shirts now!?! So when I lose more weight, enough to warrant another cull, then I'll be careful to buy only pieces that will make cute outfits. I'm even tired of black nowdays. I still love navy and brown but black is a color I associate too much with the past.
Another nice thing I did for myself today was have a make-over at the department store. I've been really wondering about modern techniques for applying make-up. So I got a free eyeshadow and mascara set, and a real boost to my morale. You know even my haircut looks better since I'm losing weight.

No comments:
Post a Comment