I was thinking about my new altar and I heard myself say the word altar, and realized its sounds the same as the word alter. That is when I realized that an altar is all about reminding yourself to replace old bad habits with new better habits. An altar is altering your state of mind from thinking about the profane day to day stuff to thinking about the eternal sacred.
This whole 2-year plan to become fit, to finding new goals for my future, is about altering the way I live day to day to align more closely with how I want to live.
My new altar is personally for me, all about altering my life.
Towards that goal, I currently weigh 178, that was my goal to reach by June 2011. My goal was to be 165 by Septemeber 2011. And my goal is to be 161 in October 2011. So I have a ways to go.
Now I'm trying as well as possible to lose more than 1 pound a week, until I catch up to the goals I set originally for the 2-year plan. Towards that end, I have been exercising everyday and that was not enough, so I have also had to alter my diet. I am eating just once a day now. I have water, tea, soy latte, kombucha, and a probiotic drink that I can have all day, but I only chew one meal a day. A normal meal that features a protein, vegetables, oil and a starches, and a normal dessert of fruit.
So that is the plan I'm currently following for as long as it will work towards helping me catch up to the original goal weights I'd established at the begininning. Fingers crossed this keeps working at least until I'm down to 159 or so, or even longer.
By the way, I purchased new skinny jeans this week, and they have altered the way I see myself and the way other people see me too. Everyone keeps remarking on how I am looking slimmer than ever, but the truth is I really haven't lost very much. My bra and tops still fit almost the same. Becuase I am an apple shape, I gain weight on my torso, arms and breasts first, and lose it there last too. Oh well, the main thing is just to lose it, eventually it will come off where I want it to come off.
This whole 2-year plan to become fit, to finding new goals for my future, is about altering the way I live day to day to align more closely with how I want to live.
My new altar is personally for me, all about altering my life.
Towards that goal, I currently weigh 178, that was my goal to reach by June 2011. My goal was to be 165 by Septemeber 2011. And my goal is to be 161 in October 2011. So I have a ways to go.
Now I'm trying as well as possible to lose more than 1 pound a week, until I catch up to the goals I set originally for the 2-year plan. Towards that end, I have been exercising everyday and that was not enough, so I have also had to alter my diet. I am eating just once a day now. I have water, tea, soy latte, kombucha, and a probiotic drink that I can have all day, but I only chew one meal a day. A normal meal that features a protein, vegetables, oil and a starches, and a normal dessert of fruit.
So that is the plan I'm currently following for as long as it will work towards helping me catch up to the original goal weights I'd established at the begininning. Fingers crossed this keeps working at least until I'm down to 159 or so, or even longer.
By the way, I purchased new skinny jeans this week, and they have altered the way I see myself and the way other people see me too. Everyone keeps remarking on how I am looking slimmer than ever, but the truth is I really haven't lost very much. My bra and tops still fit almost the same. Becuase I am an apple shape, I gain weight on my torso, arms and breasts first, and lose it there last too. Oh well, the main thing is just to lose it, eventually it will come off where I want it to come off.

No comments:
Post a Comment