12 September 2011

Wheat

At the beginning of this month my Mom showed me an article in the Woman's World Weekly that promised a lose of up to 8-11 pounds in one week by going wheat-free!   I had just stayed with a good friend who has always been slim and she advised that gluten and cheese were the two most fattening foods she knows of.  So the prospect of losing 8-11 pounds in one week was too attractive to not try.  


I have been following the wheat-free, gluten-free diet for 2 weeks and have lost 7 pounds!  Starting weight was 188, now 181 pounds.  So not the promised headline results but still.  That's terrific!  I am going to keep doing this until it stops working.  But I hope it keeps working until I get down to the goal weight of 165 lbs. which is where I should be according to my modest weight loss progress chart. 

All I'm doing to change is eating lots of veggies and fruit and proteins.  Eating almost no dairy and greatly reduced carbs.  I still let myself have chocolate because that's my favorite treat, and have purchased special gluten-free wheat replacers for when I crave bread foods but eating lots of rice and bean dishes, lots of tofu.

This week I did make myself a wheat-free pizza and used only parmesan cheese as the cheese. However even that small amount of dairy caused a 2 pound weight gain over night.  So that makes me feel as if dairy really is something I need to avoid just as much or even moreseo than the wheat.  Dairy-free and wheat-free is what I need to strive for.

Fingers crossed I can get down to the goal weight of 165 pounds in 2 more weeks if I start adding vigorous cardio exercise everyday, minus one Sunday of rest each week.

No comments: