Ok I went to a good shoe store and they taught me how to choose running shoes.
First I walked barefoot in the store so the salesclerk could see how I walked on my feet. My walk is neutral.
Then she measured my foot size 8 medium.
Then the salesclerk brought 4 pairs of running shoes for my neutral walk. She explained that she selected each of the size 9 shoes for my high arch. She provided a pair of thick running socks and then let me try on each pair of shoes.
She said the most important quality is to find a pair of shoes that is most comfortable. Some experienced runners prefer the lightest weight shoe they can find. I prefer a light weight shoe. She showed and explained, in detail, how to tie my laces for the snuggest fit. How to lace running shoes.
So shoes in hand the next step is looking for exercise clothing that I feel comfortable in.
Personal experience has taught me that I do not like big, baggy t-shirts and too long sweatpants or yoga pants. I'm not into showing off my huge bulging body but I'm not into looking like a blob either.
So I went shopping and happily found a skort (combination of skirt on top, shorts underneath) and capri pants that are gathered with elastic at the bottom hem, they are knit so both are size Medium.
I found quick-dry tops. One long sleeve top and one short sleeve top, both size Large. Plus I have a really nice zipper-front size X-Large sport jacket at work.
I'd also like a zipper sweatshirt jacket or lightweight waterproof poncho with a hood for bad weather.
Exercise clothes that look soft and gentle, almost like ballet clothes, and not in loud, awful jungle insect colors are my favorite. Soft fabrics, soft colors, flattering silhouette. Running shoes in soft gray with dark neutral colored soles, if possible. When I exercise I want to feel as attractive as I can but anyway. . . Just do it!
First I walked barefoot in the store so the salesclerk could see how I walked on my feet. My walk is neutral.
Then she measured my foot size 8 medium.
Then the salesclerk brought 4 pairs of running shoes for my neutral walk. She explained that she selected each of the size 9 shoes for my high arch. She provided a pair of thick running socks and then let me try on each pair of shoes.
She said the most important quality is to find a pair of shoes that is most comfortable. Some experienced runners prefer the lightest weight shoe they can find. I prefer a light weight shoe. She showed and explained, in detail, how to tie my laces for the snuggest fit. How to lace running shoes.
So shoes in hand the next step is looking for exercise clothing that I feel comfortable in.
Personal experience has taught me that I do not like big, baggy t-shirts and too long sweatpants or yoga pants. I'm not into showing off my huge bulging body but I'm not into looking like a blob either.
So I went shopping and happily found a skort (combination of skirt on top, shorts underneath) and capri pants that are gathered with elastic at the bottom hem, they are knit so both are size Medium.
I found quick-dry tops. One long sleeve top and one short sleeve top, both size Large. Plus I have a really nice zipper-front size X-Large sport jacket at work.
I'd also like a zipper sweatshirt jacket or lightweight waterproof poncho with a hood for bad weather.
Exercise clothes that look soft and gentle, almost like ballet clothes, and not in loud, awful jungle insect colors are my favorite. Soft fabrics, soft colors, flattering silhouette. Running shoes in soft gray with dark neutral colored soles, if possible. When I exercise I want to feel as attractive as I can but anyway. . . Just do it!


No comments:
Post a Comment