05 October 2011

Tuck

Well today feels significant becuase I have tucked my shirt into my new skinny jeans and am wearing a beaded American Indian-style belt.  This is probably the first time I've worn my shirt tucked in since 1996.  I feel well proud of myself.

According to my 2-year plan this is where I should have been for the past few months:
March 2011 = 191 lbs
April 2011 = 186 lbs  ++
May 2011 = 182 lbs
June 2011 = 178 lbs
July 2011 = 174 lbs
August 2011 = 169 lbs  ++
September 2011 = 165 lbs
October 2011 = 161 lbs

I weigh 177 today.  That is a relief too, that I have made it under 180, that my weight is headed down again. So I am where I should have been in June, but oh well.  I'm trying to make up for it.  When I reach 173 lbs I'll be able to celebrate being merely Overweight instead of Obese according to my BMI.  Then I will be super, super happy.

The other significant thing is that when I started the weight loss in August 2010 I weighed 221 and wore a 42DD bra.  Ok?  Well now I weigh 177 and I wear a 42DD bra.  It is so frustrating.  I refuse to buy any new bras in this size.  I have two size 40DD bras jsut waiting for me to lose enough weight  to be able to wear them.   Maybe pretty soon. Maybe when I get down to 173, fingers crossed.

I have to say, though, that walking around in my skinny jeans with shirt tucked in, it feels like I'm finally myself again.  I feel thoroughly and utterly myself.

No comments: