16 October 2011

Choices

I weigh 174 today, so I've finally met my goal for July 2011.  That leaves me 3 months behind in my goals, but if I can get down to 169 by the end of this month then I'll be catching up. According to my 2-year plan this is where I should have been for the past few months:
June 2011 = 178 lbs
July 2011 = 174 lbs
August 2011 - 169 lbs ++
September 2011 = 165 lbs
October 2011 = 161 lbs.
November 2011 = 156 lbs.

I have started doing my 10 girl push-ups everyday.  Man, do they leave me tired, it takes several minutes to recover. 


I've been craving pie and coffee like crazy lately.  So I looked up recipes for gluten-free pie crust and I think I'll make myself an apple pie or custard pie today.  I've been craving eggs too, so maybe the custard pie would be the best choice, otherwise an apple crumble.


Watched the documentary Food Matters recently and its really been affecting my thoughts about health.  The documentary advised that 51% of daily food intake should be raw food.  As much food as possible should be organic so that you're taking in fewer toxins each day.  Lots of vitamins are safe, in fact two handfuls of cashews a day will provide enough niacin to keep depression away.  And daily physical activity as well as at least 2 liters of water a day is necessary to remove toxins each day.
Remembered  last year when I came up with my 2-year plan I wanted to start out easy, just dieting, not adding exercise because I knew I'd add exercise naturally as I became slimmer. I remembered how a workmate was taken off pain medicine and told to exercise. So she thought she would lose weight that way, I suspected she would not. So now a year later, I am much slimmer but she is not. I have tried exercise alone too and been so frustrated when it did not lead to any substantial or even noticable weight loss. I've read when people start exercising they start eating more to compensate. I think that's the danger that I have to be aware of as I start exercising more.


I'm pleased to be losing weight again. I feel so happy with my recent weight loss, but I do need to protect against muscle loss more than ever now. So lots of vitamins and lots of exercise, but also continueing to eat less. Just smarter choices, more organic, more superfoods. And more water to help with elimination of toxins.

No comments: