Man oh man is it ever easy to fall out of good habits and slip back into bad habits. A relative has been staying for the past two weeks and I stopped walking and running, stopped doing push-ups, stopped meditating. I started eating cheese and breads, gained 2-5 lbs in 5 days, and now its going to be a struggle to get back to good habits.
At first I was eating the same as I have been to lose weight. Until we spent whole days together, then I wanted her to feel comfortable so I let her choose when and where to eat while we gadded about driving and shopping. At first I was careful choosing on omelet with no cheese and tap water, but even eating at a restaurant instead of bringing a lunch of an apple and baby carrots is a big difference. Then we went to a Mexican restaurant where I had a margarita and chips with my tostada, cheese enchilada, and beans plate. My choices changed. I became less careful.
Luckily I'm participating in a weight loss challenge, so I'm highly motivated to lose those 2-5 pounds or MORE as quickly as possible!!! I have to pay $1 for every pound I gain at the weekly weigh-in so I have to be super careful to exercise this weekend. Will return to the vegan gluten-free diet. I even started an herbal detox cleanse to help. Fingers crossed I will be ok on weigh-in day.
Two books arrived during the visit of my houseguest that will hopefully help with my exercise efforts, "Escape Your Shape" by Jackowski and "The Body Shape Solution" by Savard.
I have an apple shape and the Jackowski book prescribes an exercise plan to help my figure look more fit and balanced; whereas the Savard book will explain the physiological reasons for my shape and offer dietary tips. I plan to use them to start a new plan of action. The Jackowski book recommends jumping rope but I might get a mini trampoline instead, as it would be more practical indoors, to avoid breaking ceiling fixtures with the rope.
One more update, at stores I pretty well fit into size Large (12-14) tops now, they are tight but they usually fit, so squeezing into size 14 tops and size 12 pants and skirts. Skirts. I miss wearing skirts. I love skirts.
That is hard for me to believe since I weigh 175 and struggle to squeeze into a 40DD bra, but at least in stores, size 12 fits best on bottom. That doesn't make sense, does it? So I started trying on a bunch of old clothes from before I gained the first 60 pounds; from 1997 when I weighed 135 and a size 36DD bra. I discovered in my old clothes I'm a size 14 bottom and top. So the modern size 12 must be the same as an old size 14; that's the only thing that makes sense at least. Hmmmm?
Anyway weight loss is weird, in high school I got down from a size 34D to a size 34B bra when I lost 10 pounds to weigh 125 pounds.
At first I was eating the same as I have been to lose weight. Until we spent whole days together, then I wanted her to feel comfortable so I let her choose when and where to eat while we gadded about driving and shopping. At first I was careful choosing on omelet with no cheese and tap water, but even eating at a restaurant instead of bringing a lunch of an apple and baby carrots is a big difference. Then we went to a Mexican restaurant where I had a margarita and chips with my tostada, cheese enchilada, and beans plate. My choices changed. I became less careful.
Luckily I'm participating in a weight loss challenge, so I'm highly motivated to lose those 2-5 pounds or MORE as quickly as possible!!! I have to pay $1 for every pound I gain at the weekly weigh-in so I have to be super careful to exercise this weekend. Will return to the vegan gluten-free diet. I even started an herbal detox cleanse to help. Fingers crossed I will be ok on weigh-in day.
Two books arrived during the visit of my houseguest that will hopefully help with my exercise efforts, "Escape Your Shape" by Jackowski and "The Body Shape Solution" by Savard.
I have an apple shape and the Jackowski book prescribes an exercise plan to help my figure look more fit and balanced; whereas the Savard book will explain the physiological reasons for my shape and offer dietary tips. I plan to use them to start a new plan of action. The Jackowski book recommends jumping rope but I might get a mini trampoline instead, as it would be more practical indoors, to avoid breaking ceiling fixtures with the rope.
One more update, at stores I pretty well fit into size Large (12-14) tops now, they are tight but they usually fit, so squeezing into size 14 tops and size 12 pants and skirts. Skirts. I miss wearing skirts. I love skirts.
That is hard for me to believe since I weigh 175 and struggle to squeeze into a 40DD bra, but at least in stores, size 12 fits best on bottom. That doesn't make sense, does it? So I started trying on a bunch of old clothes from before I gained the first 60 pounds; from 1997 when I weighed 135 and a size 36DD bra. I discovered in my old clothes I'm a size 14 bottom and top. So the modern size 12 must be the same as an old size 14; that's the only thing that makes sense at least. Hmmmm?
Anyway weight loss is weird, in high school I got down from a size 34D to a size 34B bra when I lost 10 pounds to weigh 125 pounds.

No comments:
Post a Comment