04 September 2014

23rd smoothie

Wow, I forgot to post this last night.  I bought an Orange Julius from Dairy Queen, then came home and made my homemade version orange frothy and they were not even close.

My homemade version was much sweeter with stronger vanilla flavor, and had much, much less orange juice flavor.  So I'll have to half the simple syrup vanilla mixture or double the orange juice to adjust for this and try again.  The texture of the homemade version is nicer than the Dairy Queen version though, it is much closer to the 1970s Orange Julius super creamy texture that I remember.


Am still not over losing First Boyfriend.  Why can't I just let go of this??? I'll be reminded of someone who reminds me of me,  then I'll think how his wife (and previous wives) is so much like me too, then I don't understand why he likes women who are so very much like me, but not me.  Why does he like them and not me?  It hurts me every time I think about it.

Then I have to go over all this again, to convince myself it's for the best.  He was always trying to control me, eventually it would become very demoralizing.  He did nothing to compromise with me, he demanded I do all the compromising, we were not equally yoked.  That is why it was wrong for both of us.  That is why he went away.  Please accept this.  Please let go.  Let go.

Why do we fall in love with the people we do?  Especially if they seem to be the people who torture us the most?

No comments: