I finally chose and ordered a blender from Vitamix. I do not like how big it is, how loud it is, how expensive it is. I like the look and price of the Kitchenaid if I could have confidence that it would last longer than less than one to three years. In contrast, the Vitamix is a durable product.
My hope is to get more veg and fruit into my tummy, and into the tummies of those I love. My intention is to make regular nutriant-packed smoothies and other goodies with this appliance.
People say "Vitamix changed my life!" I hope that I'll say it changed my life for the better, too. I hope I'll be much slimmer when I start downing more veg and fruit in delicious smoothies. I hope even my dog will enjoy them. Fingers crossed.
In the past I've toyed with getting a high-end appliances but it never seemed worth it. Looked at expensive juicers but got a low-end, easy to clean Oster instead, yet never used it myself except to lend it out to others a few times. Looked at expensive food processors but got a low-price Black and Decker that is so well made I'm still using it, its small and easy to store and works wonderfully. Looked at the expensive, big, heavy Kitchenaid mixer and just longed for the vintage small tabletop mixers instead, never wanted to deal with the size and weight of that appliance, ended up hand mixing most often but getting an electric hand held mixer for whipping up creams and frostings.
I have had several blenders so far, my favorite is an immersion blender for making cream soups. Then I have a single serving blender at home and one that I keep at work for making protein smoothies for lunch. The one at home is still going strong but the plastic pitcher has a constant smell that never goes away. I'm on the third brand of blender at work, that one came with several pitchers so the smell issue is less. Had a smoothie blender that died when lent to someone else. Lots of blenders.
I hope that the Vitamix will give many years of great service and also not ruin our hearing at the same time; because good hearing is important to good health too. In one youtube video I saw a girl put on noise-cancelling headphones before turning on her Vitamix, but that doesn't protect the ears of everyone else in the house.
My hope is to get more veg and fruit into my tummy, and into the tummies of those I love. My intention is to make regular nutriant-packed smoothies and other goodies with this appliance.
People say "Vitamix changed my life!" I hope that I'll say it changed my life for the better, too. I hope I'll be much slimmer when I start downing more veg and fruit in delicious smoothies. I hope even my dog will enjoy them. Fingers crossed.
In the past I've toyed with getting a high-end appliances but it never seemed worth it. Looked at expensive juicers but got a low-end, easy to clean Oster instead, yet never used it myself except to lend it out to others a few times. Looked at expensive food processors but got a low-price Black and Decker that is so well made I'm still using it, its small and easy to store and works wonderfully. Looked at the expensive, big, heavy Kitchenaid mixer and just longed for the vintage small tabletop mixers instead, never wanted to deal with the size and weight of that appliance, ended up hand mixing most often but getting an electric hand held mixer for whipping up creams and frostings.
I have had several blenders so far, my favorite is an immersion blender for making cream soups. Then I have a single serving blender at home and one that I keep at work for making protein smoothies for lunch. The one at home is still going strong but the plastic pitcher has a constant smell that never goes away. I'm on the third brand of blender at work, that one came with several pitchers so the smell issue is less. Had a smoothie blender that died when lent to someone else. Lots of blenders.
I hope that the Vitamix will give many years of great service and also not ruin our hearing at the same time; because good hearing is important to good health too. In one youtube video I saw a girl put on noise-cancelling headphones before turning on her Vitamix, but that doesn't protect the ears of everyone else in the house.

No comments:
Post a Comment