A man who had gastric bypass surgery spoke to me about weight loss today. He spoke about the way he exercises everyday. He has a FitBit gadget to count his steps and exercise each day, and tracks it electronically.
When I asked him how he keeps track of what he eats, he replied flippently that he doesn't have to keep track because he knows he always eats less than 3000 calories per day.
My reaction was shock!!! and then angry resentment. "Yeah? Well 3000 is easy, how do you keep track of less than 1000 calories a day?"
I have spoken to Weight Watchers women who have kept their weight off for many years too and they have all confirmed to me that they have to stay below 1000 calories a day. It's the simple truth.
3000 calories a day I am the weight I am now. 3000 calories a day I contintue to gain quickly.
To lose weight I have to eat around 600-1100 calories a day. Maybe 600-1100 calories is a lot to people living in desolation, who go to sleep hungry every night, but its not a lot ot the majority of Americans.
I'm not sure what I need to do to maintain a slim figure but I'm sure it is to stick around 1000-1200 calories a day. That's not much food.
Stop lieing to me world! Stop saying its so easy. It is constant vigilance, rigorous tracking to make sure I'm eating around 1000 calories/day. Ok, I'm done with my rant now.
Yes I'm a lovely highly fuel-efficient machine. That's why if I feed myself the glut of most American diets I become obese very quickly. I'm elegant, fuel-efficient, and green. That makes me lucky in terms of biologic evolution.
When I asked him how he keeps track of what he eats, he replied flippently that he doesn't have to keep track because he knows he always eats less than 3000 calories per day.
My reaction was shock!!! and then angry resentment. "Yeah? Well 3000 is easy, how do you keep track of less than 1000 calories a day?"
I have spoken to Weight Watchers women who have kept their weight off for many years too and they have all confirmed to me that they have to stay below 1000 calories a day. It's the simple truth.
3000 calories a day I am the weight I am now. 3000 calories a day I contintue to gain quickly.
To lose weight I have to eat around 600-1100 calories a day. Maybe 600-1100 calories is a lot to people living in desolation, who go to sleep hungry every night, but its not a lot ot the majority of Americans.
I'm not sure what I need to do to maintain a slim figure but I'm sure it is to stick around 1000-1200 calories a day. That's not much food.
Stop lieing to me world! Stop saying its so easy. It is constant vigilance, rigorous tracking to make sure I'm eating around 1000 calories/day. Ok, I'm done with my rant now.
Yes I'm a lovely highly fuel-efficient machine. That's why if I feed myself the glut of most American diets I become obese very quickly. I'm elegant, fuel-efficient, and green. That makes me lucky in terms of biologic evolution.

No comments:
Post a Comment