In my quest to add more fruits and vegetables to my diet, I have been on the hunt for a good blender that will last longer than 1-3 years before breaking down, will chop ice to make delicious cold smoothies, as well as shred fibrous vegetables like celery and kale to make appetizing green smoothies that do not have the texture and look of swamp water.
I'm asking a lot from a blender nowdays. My mom still has her working Osterizer from the 50s or 60s. She treated it so gently, never chopped ice with it. I would confiscate it except I worry I might blow out the motor with my use of a blender.
I really like the Kitchenaid Diamond Vortex blender but the motor coupling is plastic, and many reviews say something wears down, gets loose and the pitcher starts leaking all over the motor. The Breville Hemisphere Control is supposed to have more durability according to America's Test Kitchens, but I just don't want to waste my money on something that will have to be replaced in even 3 years. I want a blender to last. So I'm resolved to get a new or gently used Vitamix variable speed blender for less than $400; been watching them on eBay.
Unexpectedly I discovered a little world of vibrant health-conscious slim people who rely on Vitamix as their favorite appliance. The Raw Vegan 80:10:10 crowd. They munch on huge quantities of raw fresh fruit and fruit juice from morning till 4pm. Then they munch on raw fresh vegetables, nuts, seeds, and grains for their evening meal.
The diet is 80% fruit and veg, 10% protein, and 10% fat. I don't know much more than that, but they eat huge number of calories of raw, fresh food too. From 2000 for a sedentary girl, 4000 calories for a more active girl, and I have no idea how many 1000s of calories for active men. They all look very slim and healthy to me -- although, of course, some people comment on their YouTube videos that they look too slim. They don't, they look like normal humans in most parts of the world. Some of us Americans have such a bloated dysmorphic idea of what healthy looks like. With more than half of us overweight or obese it may have distorted our ideas of what healthy looks like.
So this is a new and exciting path to explore the 80:10:10 Raw Vegan world. The YouTube posters seem obsessed with nutrition, which is great, and are careful to figure out how to fill nutritional gaps.
I might be exploring this diet further. At the very least, its a great detox diet to lose weight.
I'm asking a lot from a blender nowdays. My mom still has her working Osterizer from the 50s or 60s. She treated it so gently, never chopped ice with it. I would confiscate it except I worry I might blow out the motor with my use of a blender.
I really like the Kitchenaid Diamond Vortex blender but the motor coupling is plastic, and many reviews say something wears down, gets loose and the pitcher starts leaking all over the motor. The Breville Hemisphere Control is supposed to have more durability according to America's Test Kitchens, but I just don't want to waste my money on something that will have to be replaced in even 3 years. I want a blender to last. So I'm resolved to get a new or gently used Vitamix variable speed blender for less than $400; been watching them on eBay.
Unexpectedly I discovered a little world of vibrant health-conscious slim people who rely on Vitamix as their favorite appliance. The Raw Vegan 80:10:10 crowd. They munch on huge quantities of raw fresh fruit and fruit juice from morning till 4pm. Then they munch on raw fresh vegetables, nuts, seeds, and grains for their evening meal.
The diet is 80% fruit and veg, 10% protein, and 10% fat. I don't know much more than that, but they eat huge number of calories of raw, fresh food too. From 2000 for a sedentary girl, 4000 calories for a more active girl, and I have no idea how many 1000s of calories for active men. They all look very slim and healthy to me -- although, of course, some people comment on their YouTube videos that they look too slim. They don't, they look like normal humans in most parts of the world. Some of us Americans have such a bloated dysmorphic idea of what healthy looks like. With more than half of us overweight or obese it may have distorted our ideas of what healthy looks like.
So this is a new and exciting path to explore the 80:10:10 Raw Vegan world. The YouTube posters seem obsessed with nutrition, which is great, and are careful to figure out how to fill nutritional gaps.
I might be exploring this diet further. At the very least, its a great detox diet to lose weight.

No comments:
Post a Comment