24 April 2014

Practical

Been thinking about what I want versus what I really want.  I may have a little trouble making decisions between ideal versus practical.

For example:  I want a sporty little British racing car green Jaguar convertible car with tan upholstered interior, versus what I find to be really useful, with very little maintenance, is a little red Pontiac Vibe (a hatchback) with black floors and a lighter gray interior.  A car I feel comfortable driving on the county park gravel roads and walking my dog through mud, then letting him jump onto the car seats with his dirty feet and sometimes dirty bottom too.  A car I feel comfortable sitting in wet and sandy after swimming in the lake.  A car I can go to the second hand shop and buy furniture and feel confident it will fit in the back of my car.  It almost always does too, but on rare occasions when it doesn't there is a trailer hitch for pulling a light trailer with very light loads too.

So ideal versus practical in regards to my figure:  I want a super slender and delicate ballerina strong figure, versus what I really want is a healthy, slim figure, but with enough cushion that I don't feel faint every time I just need a little swig of water, or experience sugar drops that make me feel shakey and sleepy until I gulp down a few calories; a figure that allows me to have one alcoholic beverage without ending up laying sick on the cool tile floors next to the toilet all night.

When I weighed 125-130 I would end up laying sick on the cool tile floors next to the toilet after one drink.  I've always been very reactive to sugars.  But when I weighed 140-150 I felt definately too plump, uncomfortable and less healthy.

So my practical goal range is around 130-140, or 135.  I think this gives me the slimness I want with the heartiness I need to feel confident.   It's been a long time since I've been that slim but I think that's my most practical goal weight.

Now what I need to do is figure out a plan to get there that is practical too.  Maybe if I remain focused on practical, sorting it out from ideal, this will help me choose best to get down to a healthy goal weight. 

No comments: