28 January 2014

Herne

This morning Herne came to me in a dream.

Herne the Hunter by Swandog.

I was standing inside a house along a waterfront  with only a few feet distance between the house and the shoreline, and I was looking out the window from the 2nd floor. He walked outside below me naked and muscular but with lots of lichens hanging off his antler horns and hair covering his body.  I was aroused by him, he was gentle and unassuming but he could feel my magnetic attraction.  He was walking with a bear, a great big black bear, they walked consciously and deliberately between the house and the water.    He was aware of me watching him and as he got closer he levitated up to my window, looking in at me, eye to eye.  I think he wanted me to invite him in.  There were other people in the house with me, and I felt shy and embarassed, excited, mixed with a little frightened.  I have a hard time telling the difference between fear and excitement anyway.  So he descended immediately returning to the ground with his bear companion.

Later a police came by and showed me a small palm-size object he found in our driveway near the garbage cans, that he described as having a scientific purpose.  It looked like it was a cube made of gold and had a clear crystal attached to it, attached as a diamond would be attached to a ring but the stone was huge for a diamond and not polished, it was  raw crystal.  I didn't understand what the police speculated it was to be used for, water purifying or creating a light source?  But I knew it was a gift of Herne. 

I took the object from the police friend and a liquid was pouring from it. The officer suggested the liquid was caustic like battery acid, so I tried to get to the sink to wash the liquid from my hands but an older woman was standing between me and the sink and she was not moving quickly enough so I worried that the liquid was burning my skin, but it did not.  I was forced to hold the object with the liquid all over my hands and despite my fears that it was burn and scar me, it did not.  But the gold surface of the small object changed to white ceramic instead, as if the liquid enameled the gold surface.  I set the object down on the sink (which was also enameled ceramic) and washed my hands.

Later in the dream a zombie apocalypse started, and I was with a man, a friend and we were seeking refuge from the zombies.  When we stood in front of the house where I saw Herne, it was as if we were invisible from the zombies.  Herne had provided a safe space for us.  


No comments: