Today is a fresh new start.
To help visualize and motivate myself I am going to have two jars and fill one with one stone or marble for every pound I aim to lose. As I lose weight I'll move the stones from the before/to go jar to the after/gone jar.
Starting today I'll record my current weight and measurements. I am going to get down to a sexy, attractive weight again where I feel confident and more valuable.
Even as offensive and superficial as it sounds there is the truth that people remark that women who are thin are in a better league. "Marry a millionaire" league is something people said in the 50s. Now it's just commonly stated that a thin woman can get any man she wants, and most men aren't in her same elite league. There is supposed scientific data to suggest that marriages are happier when the woman is viewed as a more elite league than her husband. If true, this might be due to sexism, where men in society have stronger egos because they are treated as if they have more value, so when a woman is slim and she then is also treated as if she has more value, this makes the man feel lucky to have her.
Even as conflicted as this paragraph makes me feel to write, when I was slim I had more self confidence. And right or wrong, real or imaginary, self confidence is what I am seeking. Gaining self confidence is the crux of the issue of weight loss. And irrelevant to getting a man or anything else, self confidence is what I am seeking by losing weight. And yes, of course, when I weigh less not only do I feel more self confident but I also do feel healthier. That is undeniable.
To help visualize and motivate myself I am going to have two jars and fill one with one stone or marble for every pound I aim to lose. As I lose weight I'll move the stones from the before/to go jar to the after/gone jar.
Starting today I'll record my current weight and measurements. I am going to get down to a sexy, attractive weight again where I feel confident and more valuable.
Even as offensive and superficial as it sounds there is the truth that people remark that women who are thin are in a better league. "Marry a millionaire" league is something people said in the 50s. Now it's just commonly stated that a thin woman can get any man she wants, and most men aren't in her same elite league. There is supposed scientific data to suggest that marriages are happier when the woman is viewed as a more elite league than her husband. If true, this might be due to sexism, where men in society have stronger egos because they are treated as if they have more value, so when a woman is slim and she then is also treated as if she has more value, this makes the man feel lucky to have her.
Even as conflicted as this paragraph makes me feel to write, when I was slim I had more self confidence. And right or wrong, real or imaginary, self confidence is what I am seeking. Gaining self confidence is the crux of the issue of weight loss. And irrelevant to getting a man or anything else, self confidence is what I am seeking by losing weight. And yes, of course, when I weigh less not only do I feel more self confident but I also do feel healthier. That is undeniable.

No comments:
Post a Comment