Dating. Sex. This is my strongest motivation for losing fat and being slim. I want a boyfriend and I want to enjoy being with him too.
I currently have a boyfriend and he lives a 12 hour drive away from me. Why would I find someone so far away? We share a special interest and that's how we met. But there is something else part of it too, I think.
When talking to my therapist a few months ago I made the discovery that the reason I loved First Love so much, why it felt like such a miracle that we found each other and he understood me, is because we grew up in the same hometown, on opposite sides of town, but just a bike ride away and his dad's business was just a three or four short blocks from my house. That nearness is what made it feel like a miracle to have found someone who would understand me; because, it turns out, apparently I did not feel well understood by my family.
My ex-husband grew up on another continent and although to some people that might feel like a miracle that we found each other, to me it made sense. I expected no one who lived near me to understand me. I expected only someone who lived in another country, in a culture where values are much different from where I grew up, only someone from a place very different would ever understand me. That was my expectation. So ironically the guy from another country didn't feel as special to me as the boy next door, because I never expected to feel at home, at home.
Now again I found someone who lives far away from where I grew up, because of my expectation that someone who lives close by could never understand me.
I do like my current boyfriend a lot. He's very giving and thoughtful. My only worry is that because he's never been married, maybe he wants to not be married. I do want to be married, and I do want to have really fun and exciting sex with him too. So I really need to lose weight in order to feel proud of myself and healthy and sexy attractive.
Another strong motivation to lose weight is so that I hopefully will stop snoring!!! Which is again related to men and sex.
I currently have a boyfriend and he lives a 12 hour drive away from me. Why would I find someone so far away? We share a special interest and that's how we met. But there is something else part of it too, I think.
When talking to my therapist a few months ago I made the discovery that the reason I loved First Love so much, why it felt like such a miracle that we found each other and he understood me, is because we grew up in the same hometown, on opposite sides of town, but just a bike ride away and his dad's business was just a three or four short blocks from my house. That nearness is what made it feel like a miracle to have found someone who would understand me; because, it turns out, apparently I did not feel well understood by my family.
My ex-husband grew up on another continent and although to some people that might feel like a miracle that we found each other, to me it made sense. I expected no one who lived near me to understand me. I expected only someone who lived in another country, in a culture where values are much different from where I grew up, only someone from a place very different would ever understand me. That was my expectation. So ironically the guy from another country didn't feel as special to me as the boy next door, because I never expected to feel at home, at home.
Now again I found someone who lives far away from where I grew up, because of my expectation that someone who lives close by could never understand me.
I do like my current boyfriend a lot. He's very giving and thoughtful. My only worry is that because he's never been married, maybe he wants to not be married. I do want to be married, and I do want to have really fun and exciting sex with him too. So I really need to lose weight in order to feel proud of myself and healthy and sexy attractive.
Another strong motivation to lose weight is so that I hopefully will stop snoring!!! Which is again related to men and sex.

No comments:
Post a Comment