10 February 2014

Pain

No Pain, No Gain.

That's what people like to say to encourage exercising to the point of being in pain.  The suggestion is that if one continues to exercise when they start to feel uncomfortable, or even start to feel pain, that is when they are pushing themselves to improve their health.

Well I've never liked that phrase. 

I'm not an athlete and don't understand what they go through.


I have a different meaning for that phrase.

I've noticed that when I am in pain I tend to gain weight.  And when I am in good health then it's much easier for me to focus on taking good care of myself and treating myself with love and making better choices to nurture myself better.  To me no pain means I can focus on taking good care of myself.

When I started having shoulder joint pain in January through March 2013, and then when it became very strong pain from March through June 2013, I started gaining weight very fast.

By December my shoulder joint was repaired to the extent that I had almost full range of motion back and did not feel daily chronic pain.   So by the end of January I was able to feel well motivated and loving of myself enough to start dieting and losing weight.   Then for one week I had tooth pain and I stopped losing weight that week, now that that tooth pain resolved I'm back to losing weight agian.

There is a clear relation between pain and weight gain.  So for me being painfree means I continue to focus on treating myself well and that results in weight loss.

Weight loss is due to loving self and feeling comfortable in my body.  Just a little twist on the old phrase: no pain means no gain.  

No comments: