I must let go of the past by looking with optimism towards the future.
I like Joel Osteen the encouraging tv evangelist. I heard or read him say that people know what they are doing wrong; they come to church to be encouraged that they can change. And that's why he is so encouraging like the motivational speakers who rally people to sell Amway products, just like the "Ask and It is Given" manifestation couple did to make their first fortune, before "The Secret."
So I want that motivational encouragement from Joel Osteen. Why? Because the only way I can think of letting go of the pain of the past is to consciously work on letting go of that pain by simultaneously changing behaviours that are filled with great love. Treat myself the way I think my nice boyfriend should treat me. Treat myself better. Treat myself even better than the way I treat those I love. To learn how to be loving again. Loving to myself and loving to others.
In airplanes the stewards remind you that in the case of emergency put the oxygen mask on yourself first before helping others. That's because in the case of an emergency hypoxia could set in in a matter of seconds, death within seconds. There is no way to help anyone else if you are unconscious. So help yourself first in order to help others. That's the rule in an emergency situation.
I tended to be grumpy and impatient the past 2 years. I need to lighten up and laugh more. I need to be more pleasant with the people I love. I need to lighten up my heart.
I also needed to look at the reality of eating disorders. Bringing all that information together led me to see a twist on the "Fat is a Feminist Issue" (published 1978) class issue argument; it seems to me that nowdays fat has become a capitalist issue, a product of our current American consumer society where the few controlling mega-corportations are happy to get us all to eat as much as possible, and to eschew the image of a healthier slim figure.
Physically it is healthier to eat less, even with periods of partial starvation, as long as your weight stays in the normal MBI range. Once you get down to underweight then it's almost as dangerous as being obese. It is estimated that less than 1% up to 8-9% of Americans are underweight with a BMI up to 18.5%. The truth remains that 35-36% of Americans are obese with a BMI greater than 30. Considering those statistics do not include the 31% of Amrericans are overweight with a BMI of 25-30, leaving less than 1/3, a mere 25% of Americans are in the normal range BMI of 18.5-25, to my way of thinking overeating is a much bigger problem than the eating disorders that are defined as eating behaviours that exclude overweight and obesity.
I like Joel Osteen the encouraging tv evangelist. I heard or read him say that people know what they are doing wrong; they come to church to be encouraged that they can change. And that's why he is so encouraging like the motivational speakers who rally people to sell Amway products, just like the "Ask and It is Given" manifestation couple did to make their first fortune, before "The Secret."
So I want that motivational encouragement from Joel Osteen. Why? Because the only way I can think of letting go of the pain of the past is to consciously work on letting go of that pain by simultaneously changing behaviours that are filled with great love. Treat myself the way I think my nice boyfriend should treat me. Treat myself better. Treat myself even better than the way I treat those I love. To learn how to be loving again. Loving to myself and loving to others.
In airplanes the stewards remind you that in the case of emergency put the oxygen mask on yourself first before helping others. That's because in the case of an emergency hypoxia could set in in a matter of seconds, death within seconds. There is no way to help anyone else if you are unconscious. So help yourself first in order to help others. That's the rule in an emergency situation.
I tended to be grumpy and impatient the past 2 years. I need to lighten up and laugh more. I need to be more pleasant with the people I love. I need to lighten up my heart.
I also needed to look at the reality of eating disorders. Bringing all that information together led me to see a twist on the "Fat is a Feminist Issue" (published 1978) class issue argument; it seems to me that nowdays fat has become a capitalist issue, a product of our current American consumer society where the few controlling mega-corportations are happy to get us all to eat as much as possible, and to eschew the image of a healthier slim figure.
Physically it is healthier to eat less, even with periods of partial starvation, as long as your weight stays in the normal MBI range. Once you get down to underweight then it's almost as dangerous as being obese. It is estimated that less than 1% up to 8-9% of Americans are underweight with a BMI up to 18.5%. The truth remains that 35-36% of Americans are obese with a BMI greater than 30. Considering those statistics do not include the 31% of Amrericans are overweight with a BMI of 25-30, leaving less than 1/3, a mere 25% of Americans are in the normal range BMI of 18.5-25, to my way of thinking overeating is a much bigger problem than the eating disorders that are defined as eating behaviours that exclude overweight and obesity.

No comments:
Post a Comment