Ok well Memorial Day weekend brought a lovely blue sky day and warm, even hot weather, 87F. It felt hot because of the humidity. The humidity for some reason always makes me feel so fat. Even when I was slimmer it made me feel fat.
So my motivation to exercise more is stronger and yet at the same time I feel heavier and its harder to move. So that's frustrating.
In addition when I saw my acupuncturist on Friday like I do every Friday she could tell I haven't been going to the bathroom as often as usual. Every 3 days or so I told her. She reassured me that was natural, because as a person loses weight not only does their stomach have to get used to smaller amounts of food but so does the intestines.
So anyway as long as I'm writing about ugly body functions I might as well mention my other concern with losing weight any more quickly than my 1 lb per week goal.
Right now I'm struggling with how much exercise I should add. Is yoga enough or should I do more to increase fat loss? If I want to get slim as faster than my original plan then as I want to all I have to do, is add daily exercise 2 times a day and perhaps eat even less than the 1200-1500 calories a day that I eat now.
The problem with that is I have so much weight to lose and I'm not as young as I was. I am quite seriously worried that losing weight any faster than I'm doing it now could induce a heart attack. I really want to be careful and patient and gentle with myself. The whole point of losing weight is to feel more control, more healthy and more at ease in the world, more loving to myself. So if I start a hard discipline of lots of exercise I'm afraid I'll put all those goals at risk.
Ok frustration ended, I'm going to be content with an hour of yoga 5 times a week. I won't do more than that. I will however enjoy riding my bike, walking and swimming and being outside more. Just the natural things people do to have fun in summer. Because at last summer is really here!
So my motivation to exercise more is stronger and yet at the same time I feel heavier and its harder to move. So that's frustrating.
In addition when I saw my acupuncturist on Friday like I do every Friday she could tell I haven't been going to the bathroom as often as usual. Every 3 days or so I told her. She reassured me that was natural, because as a person loses weight not only does their stomach have to get used to smaller amounts of food but so does the intestines.
This is an issue I was concerned about when starting this weight loss journey. I know in the past I'd become so successful at eating less in a very short period of time that my body sort of rebelled. I wouldn't be able to go to the bathroom for 5 days or more sometimes. I hated that, it really made me feel uncomfortable and distracted. I do think exercise will help with this issue too.
So anyway as long as I'm writing about ugly body functions I might as well mention my other concern with losing weight any more quickly than my 1 lb per week goal.
Right now I'm struggling with how much exercise I should add. Is yoga enough or should I do more to increase fat loss? If I want to get slim as faster than my original plan then as I want to all I have to do, is add daily exercise 2 times a day and perhaps eat even less than the 1200-1500 calories a day that I eat now.
The problem with that is I have so much weight to lose and I'm not as young as I was. I am quite seriously worried that losing weight any faster than I'm doing it now could induce a heart attack. I really want to be careful and patient and gentle with myself. The whole point of losing weight is to feel more control, more healthy and more at ease in the world, more loving to myself. So if I start a hard discipline of lots of exercise I'm afraid I'll put all those goals at risk.
Ok frustration ended, I'm going to be content with an hour of yoga 5 times a week. I won't do more than that. I will however enjoy riding my bike, walking and swimming and being outside more. Just the natural things people do to have fun in summer. Because at last summer is really here!

No comments:
Post a Comment