29 May 2011

Normal

There is a phenomena that I've noticed with losing fat;  it is where after I lose enough weight to change sizes or meet some other milestone, that success is wonderful, but then I need to get used to that change of how I feel in my body.  That change needs to become my new normal.  My image of myself has to catch up with the new reality.

Today a 10-year old girl told me I looked like her grandma.  I could be a grandma in reality.  But evenso, that made me feel a little sad.  I believe its becuase I'm so paunchy; I've been struggling with the idea of whether to add exercise or not to help the fat lose efforts along.  I really want to become slim a little faster now.  Then if the 10-year old girl still says I look like a grandma, it'll be easier to take.  Because I'll be looking as good as I can.


So that means I need to come up with a new plan.  A plan that includes just a little more gentle exercise, perhaps.  Exercises to help tone up my arms, and my stomach especially.  Yoga will be the best choice at this time.  Its gentle and feels wonderful.  Then in future if I need to step it up again I can still add cardio and weight lifting to the mix.

Another thing hanging out with that 10-year old taught me is that I become tired rather easily.  So I do want to increase my strength, flexibility and stamina too.

I may also need to change my diet a little bit now too, just to keep things fresh.  So I'll think about that for a day or two and see where I want to go with that.

A grandma maybe, but a cool stronger, slimmer grandma here I come.


No comments: