18 July 2022

Indoor Fireworks

 Today's earworm is the Elvis Costello song Indoor Fireworks, about fighting with others and internal conflict.


I've held pretty steady at the weight of 215-219 for several years now.

Having an office job that requires me to sit 8 hours a day Monday -Friday and then come home to care for Mom where she gets hard to manage anxiety whenever I leave the house means that I don't take my dog for daily walks the way I used to.  It means both he and I get a lot less exercise and we both need it.

So where to start?   Weight loss always  means for me, to change diet.  Exercise just greases the wheels for steady weight loss, doesn't create weight loss; keeps body stronger and healthier to make it easier.

So to change diet the plan is to follow the "French Women Don't Get Fat" plan by Mireille Guiliano.   To first write down everything I eat for three weeks and examine it afterwards.

Then Leek soup (or onion soup) diet for 48+ hours.

Then focus on vegetables and fruit for all meals except one dessert per day.  Perhaps limit fats and grains to a yet to be determined amount.

Now - - - - on board for a lifetime journey towards wellness!

How many calories do I need?  Female 50+

Sedentary 1600.   Moderately Active 1800.   Active 2000 -2200.

Mayo Clinic Calorie Calculator  To maintain 125 lbs: 

Inactive 1450. Somewhat active 1600. Active 1750. Very Active 2050.

No comments: