21 July 2022

Rough Sketch

 

While cobbling together ideas for how I'll proceed to create a good, healthy diet,  I'll list what has worked and what has stymied me in the past. 

-If counting calories then all simple fruits and veg are free, unlimited, uncounted calories.  Even if they are mixed together in a salad or a smoothie.

-Need to figure out how to get enough iron and protein.  Dark chocolate every day will help with the iron, but the protein is a big deal.

-Taking MSM everyday seemed to alleviate loose skin while losing a lot of fat, but I wonder/worry if it also contributed to the gall bladder issue.

-Motivation to make good food choices everyday was really helped by focusing on the goal of being slim and healthy.  The unexpected joyous consequence was being included in the unofficial slim girls club . Among women who give you unsolicited tips on delicious treats that won't ruin your diet.  Like the cashier at the gas station/grocery store telling me about buying little mini cups of ice cream in from Wal-Mart that were only 120 calories each.  She made me feel included in the most wonderful club in the world.   And guys who he told me I was "out of [his] league".  It was weird and wonderful to be treated like a special person for nothing more than being slim. Although the negative part of that was like being rich, it made me feel like I didn't trust guys really liked me, I thought that I just fit the image of someone who would increase their perceived value.  That creeped me out.

-Motivation to make good food choices everyday was really helped by focusing on the goal of looking good in clothes like pretty underwear, sexy footwear and stockings.  Being able to shop at second hand shops and find the cutest little clothes that look adorable.Trying them on in the dressing room and being a smaller size than the last time I went shopping.

-Need to figure out how to get more exercise in everyday. Two problems: my job is sitting down all day for 10 hours. Used to walk my dog everyday but taking care of an elderly person now means they get anxious if I'm not at work and also not with them.  They are very needy/dependent on my company to keep their emotional equilibrium.  This is a burden when I already have the burden of sitting all day.

-Need to figure out a good daily menu that is easy to bring to work, and make when I get home. Lack of time to care for self is the real issue, caring for others whether its work or caretaking means time away from self-care.

-Favorite diets are Dr John McDougall low-fat diet -as well as High Carb Hannah who uses Dr McDougall's plan. Also Medical Medium's daily celery juice and focus on fresh fruit and veg are great.  Hoping that Mireille Guiliano's Fat Women Don't Get Fat ideas will be helpful too.

-Mireille Guiliano suggests making yogurt everyday and I like that idea but I have to figure out the way that would be easiest for me, and how to make non-dairy yogurt. 

-I'd also like to learn how to make kombucha that I love. Dr Pepper, Root Beer, Ginger Ale, and Cola flavors. For some reason I'm nervous about making kombucha, maybe if I just start it will be easier than I imagine it would be.

-Vegan yogurt, kombucha, frozen fruit smoothies, vegetable juices, and fruit juices to flavor water are my favorite fast foods that feel at least not unhealthy.  My favorite physicians argue they are junk food but I think if homemade they are easy and deicious, and much better than ice cream, and soda pop.


No comments: