Have a friend studying to be an aesthetician, so I have gone to her school for a couple of her facials and I really love getting facials again. My skin has responded so positively.
Ordered and now waiting for a facial steamer to arrive. It was a luxury item to buy. A person can make a perfectly good steamer with a bowl of boiled water, and a towel. Just set bend your face over the bowl and use the towel to direct the steam up towards your face.
Instead of going simple, I spent $70 on a gadget that will allow me to, hopefully, lie on my back, and let the steamer direct the steam down towards my face. More relaxing. It is a luxury.
This is the older model from Dr Dennis Gross, sold on the Home Shopping Network. It has been discontinued and they all selling a more conventional steamer where you put your head down into the steamer bowl and it naturally moves up towards your face.
Will review facials steps on YouTube videos, but have my products all set, do cleansing once and toning two times: Cleanser -Alba Botanica Toner -Alba Botanica Serum -Pai Moisturizer -Metta Will heat up moistened towels in the microwave. It will be good. Luckily don't need any extracitons. Yay!
We'll see. Hopefully I won't regret it the way I regretted spending $100 on a heated foot bath, where I really did prefer a bowl of warm tap water and few rounded lake stones to brush my feet against. Ended up selling that, it was too heavy and cumbersome.
UPDATE: Only distilled water can be used with this steamer, so I do already regret it. The cost is much too high. Reviews are not good; suggest it is dangerous. Oh well, another bad choice. Will resell this. Logic dictates: keep it simple.
This is the older model from Dr Dennis Gross, sold on the Home Shopping Network. It has been discontinued and they all selling a more conventional steamer where you put your head down into the steamer bowl and it naturally moves up towards your face.
Will review facials steps on YouTube videos, but have my products all set, do cleansing once and toning two times: Cleanser -Alba Botanica Toner -Alba Botanica Serum -Pai Moisturizer -Metta Will heat up moistened towels in the microwave. It will be good. Luckily don't need any extracitons. Yay!
We'll see. Hopefully I won't regret it the way I regretted spending $100 on a heated foot bath, where I really did prefer a bowl of warm tap water and few rounded lake stones to brush my feet against. Ended up selling that, it was too heavy and cumbersome.
UPDATE: Only distilled water can be used with this steamer, so I do already regret it. The cost is much too high. Reviews are not good; suggest it is dangerous. Oh well, another bad choice. Will resell this. Logic dictates: keep it simple.

No comments:
Post a Comment