02 April 2017

Midnight


Before going on the cruelty-free, as natural as possible cosmetics journey, my favorite nail polish was Essie, and favorite color was an almost black, navy blue called After School Boy Blazer. It's an absolutely gorgeous color, perfect! Essie is gentle on my nails and is a 3-free nail polish.

When searching for even more natural cruelty-free nail laquers I sought a nice almost black navy color and found a really good collection of three beautiful colors from Korres on the Home Shopping Network.  The trio collection called City Style includes: Midnight Blue #88, Dark Red #48, and Coral Red #59. 


I can't imagine a better set of colors. The nail polishes are gentle and do not harm my nails, but do help to strengthen them, so  they have a chance to grow out.

The color and shine is more than perfect.  They are a little bit sheer which is exactly what I love in polish, one layer is a little sheer, too layers has a deep rich color that in a certain light still has a tiny amount of sheer that makes the color look deeper and richer to me.  The shine is very high; top coat will help extend the life of these colors but is not needed.  I love Korres nail polish. Korres is an 11-free nail polish. 

I use Aila nail polish remover which also doesn't weaken but does strengthen my nails.  It is such a coup to have wonderful products as these.  Absolutely perfect!

One of my tips for self manicures is do be very careful to not get polish on the lower cuticle skin.  But if you have short nails like me, don't worry about getting polish on the skin around the nail.  After the polish dries, just slather on a lot of hand cream and the dried nail polish on the skin can easily be removed.  For a very clean and perfect look.

 I've only been wearing nail polish for a few months and always leave my nails bare for a few days between colors.  So as I do it more often, my nail laquer application is bound to improve.  It looks fine now, but will continue to improve.

Note: HSN also carries 9-free Deborah Lippman nail laquers which have gorgeous colors as well as bottom and top coats, for normal and gel-like nails.  Very fashionable colors also, nice nudes.

No comments: