In the blog from yesterday I named all the current brands of cruelty-free, vegan, and natural green cosmetic products that I use everyday.
In this blog I'll focus on the one brand that really helped me figure things out, as well as a few vloggers. Vlog = a video blog. Vlogger = one who uploads vlogs onto their own YouTube channel.
In the summer of 2016 when I decided to start wearing makeup again I fell in love with Urban Decay makeup. I had first seen it at an Urban Outfitters shop in the 1995, but didn't buy it then because I wasn't wearing much makeup at the time. Plus it seemed far too cool for me to wear, I was a little intimidated by it.
This time when I saw Urban Decay makeup at an Ulta cosmetics store, I could not resist. I saw the vegan glitter Heavy Metal eyeliner and was in love! They were out of the color I wanted, ACDC, so I bought the regular 24/7 liner in a similar color, Psychedelic Sister, as well as a beautiful Moondust eye shadow in a neutral sparkly color, Cosmic. When I got home I ordered the glitter eyeliner online too.
What I loved about Urban Decay was the beautiful colors and package design, the sexy names of colors, and I thought they were cruelty-free and vegan; but I wasn't sure what that meant. So I continued to play and buy more makeup but realized I needed to learn how to use and apply makeup so I also starting to follow makeup vlogs on YouTube, and writing to makeup junkies in online communities.
I have flirted with being vegan for many years. In an online thread about makeup someone kept writing back to me to encourage using natural and organic, green eco makeup products. To me it was enough of a struggle to find cruelty-fee cosmetics but I learned about Pacifica Beauty and how all of their cosmetics are cruelty-free and vegan. They had beautiful packaging so the transition from punk rock Urban Decay to hippy Pacifica Beauty began.
Because Pacifica Beauty was available at Target it felt like an easy transition, and more in line with my values. The problem with Pacifica is they have very few shades of foundation and I am very fair skinned. So that forced me to start looking for other brands of makeup to fill that gap.
I watched a vlog from a woman who uses The All Natural Face mineral cosmetics, that are cruelty-free, vegan, natural, and handmade. They are also very affordable! And they have samples to make choosing colors much easier. So I was hooked and they were my savior.
I really appreciate The All Natural Face mineral cosmetics because they more than any other company have helped me figure out what color foundation is best for me. They have so many products I just love. Their downside is their packaging is ugly, and the pictures on their website are not very helpful. But the products are wonderful. The way they offer samples is more than helpful.
Trying to figure out which shade of foundation to purchase I found a series of videos on Foundation by makeup artist Lisa Eldridge. Using Lisa's technique I assessed that I have fair skin with hyperpigmentation, otherwise known as beige freckles, as well as having very rosy cheeks and chin.
Armed with my foundation samples from The All Natural Face I discovered that I do have very fair skin, and it is a neutral shade. When I wear pink-tone foundations I look too pink, and yellow-tone foundations make me look dirty. I very definitely have neutral-tone skin, but if I have to err one way or the other slightly yellow-tone foundations are less horrible looking than yellow-tone foundations. Still prefer neutral tone foundation.
With the All Natural Face the color that matches my skin best is Porcelain Goddess, even though at first I thought it might be slightly too light. I have never used loose mineral foundation but have tried their cream foundation and I really like it. In fact, I now prefer cream foundation to liquid foundation exclusively.
If I ever had my own green beauty vlog I'd list all my favorite products and swatch all the colors. I could do that here too, but that's too ambitious for me today.
Favorite products:
Eye primer, use every day
Lip scrub, use every day
Cream foundation is very good and very clean, but I prefer the slightly creamier but less natural RCMA KA1 foundation.
Pressed powder foundation is also very good, and I can find nothing better, it is my pressed powder compact, very nice.
And I just ordered a big haul of their products because they have 20% off right now. Maybe when I receive it I will do a review with swatches.
In this blog I'll focus on the one brand that really helped me figure things out, as well as a few vloggers. Vlog = a video blog. Vlogger = one who uploads vlogs onto their own YouTube channel.
In the summer of 2016 when I decided to start wearing makeup again I fell in love with Urban Decay makeup. I had first seen it at an Urban Outfitters shop in the 1995, but didn't buy it then because I wasn't wearing much makeup at the time. Plus it seemed far too cool for me to wear, I was a little intimidated by it.
This time when I saw Urban Decay makeup at an Ulta cosmetics store, I could not resist. I saw the vegan glitter Heavy Metal eyeliner and was in love! They were out of the color I wanted, ACDC, so I bought the regular 24/7 liner in a similar color, Psychedelic Sister, as well as a beautiful Moondust eye shadow in a neutral sparkly color, Cosmic. When I got home I ordered the glitter eyeliner online too.
What I loved about Urban Decay was the beautiful colors and package design, the sexy names of colors, and I thought they were cruelty-free and vegan; but I wasn't sure what that meant. So I continued to play and buy more makeup but realized I needed to learn how to use and apply makeup so I also starting to follow makeup vlogs on YouTube, and writing to makeup junkies in online communities.
I have flirted with being vegan for many years. In an online thread about makeup someone kept writing back to me to encourage using natural and organic, green eco makeup products. To me it was enough of a struggle to find cruelty-fee cosmetics but I learned about Pacifica Beauty and how all of their cosmetics are cruelty-free and vegan. They had beautiful packaging so the transition from punk rock Urban Decay to hippy Pacifica Beauty began.
Because Pacifica Beauty was available at Target it felt like an easy transition, and more in line with my values. The problem with Pacifica is they have very few shades of foundation and I am very fair skinned. So that forced me to start looking for other brands of makeup to fill that gap.
I watched a vlog from a woman who uses The All Natural Face mineral cosmetics, that are cruelty-free, vegan, natural, and handmade. They are also very affordable! And they have samples to make choosing colors much easier. So I was hooked and they were my savior.
I really appreciate The All Natural Face mineral cosmetics because they more than any other company have helped me figure out what color foundation is best for me. They have so many products I just love. Their downside is their packaging is ugly, and the pictures on their website are not very helpful. But the products are wonderful. The way they offer samples is more than helpful.
Trying to figure out which shade of foundation to purchase I found a series of videos on Foundation by makeup artist Lisa Eldridge. Using Lisa's technique I assessed that I have fair skin with hyperpigmentation, otherwise known as beige freckles, as well as having very rosy cheeks and chin.
Armed with my foundation samples from The All Natural Face I discovered that I do have very fair skin, and it is a neutral shade. When I wear pink-tone foundations I look too pink, and yellow-tone foundations make me look dirty. I very definitely have neutral-tone skin, but if I have to err one way or the other slightly yellow-tone foundations are less horrible looking than yellow-tone foundations. Still prefer neutral tone foundation.
With the All Natural Face the color that matches my skin best is Porcelain Goddess, even though at first I thought it might be slightly too light. I have never used loose mineral foundation but have tried their cream foundation and I really like it. In fact, I now prefer cream foundation to liquid foundation exclusively.
If I ever had my own green beauty vlog I'd list all my favorite products and swatch all the colors. I could do that here too, but that's too ambitious for me today.
Favorite products:
Eye primer, use every day
Lip scrub, use every day
Cream foundation is very good and very clean, but I prefer the slightly creamier but less natural RCMA KA1 foundation.
Pressed powder foundation is also very good, and I can find nothing better, it is my pressed powder compact, very nice.
And I just ordered a big haul of their products because they have 20% off right now. Maybe when I receive it I will do a review with swatches.
No comments:
Post a Comment