24 July 2013

Supplements

For restless leg syndrome I took massive amounts of Iron supplements - Feosol 65mg, 2 at a time about 4 times onTuesday and then 2 times today.  I take 2 tablets whenever my hips and legs start to ache a little bit (every 6 hours or so at first), and the iron makes the pain stop.  Hopefully I won't exceed toxic amounts of iron, hopefully I'm just filling in a gaping nutritional hole.

The iron supplement also turned my poo black like charcoal but I did not buy stool softener.  Instead I have kept taking the herbal cleanse as well as eating lots of fiber and drinking lots of water so I have not experienced constipation thus far.   I had chili for dinner 2 nights in a row because beans are high in iron as well as high in fiber.

I was talking to a workmate about iron deficiency with restless leg syndrome and she mentioned that she also takes a B-100 supplement once a week.  I remembered that vegetarians are notorious for needing B supplements so I think I will get some tomorrow too.  


I take a one a day vitamin Monday-Friday when I need extra energy; but not on the weekends.  

I use vitamins as medicine and don't like to take anything everyday of my life; so I use them as needs arise.  I've always had iron-poor blood so I should probably have taken iron more often but usually if I just add raisins to my diet it pushes my iron up.   A handful of nuts a day seem to really help keep everything running well too.  So I think I'm going to go and have a handful of nuts since I need a few more WW points today anyway.

I'm listening to Caroline Myss talks about learning how to attune intuition to answer questions about health.   Medical intuition is what she calls it.  I like the information but I don't trust anyone who makes a living using psychic senses; its a prejudice I have.  The greenbacks jade the speaker, I believe.  Because to my way of thinking using intuition is just like praying, it has to be pure, if it is less than pure, if someone is using it to make money, that mixed intention ruins it for me.  I especially hate it when people teach that their intuition is used to make loads of money and worldy success.  It just sullies the whole message.   It's like saying 'yes I'll pray for you if you give me some money.'  It dirties it.


No comments: