23 July 2013

Mother


Its been a full moon the last 2 nights and all of a sudden I now have Restless Leg Syndrome; this finally forced me to go to the doctor.   With a combination of the constant pain from my rotator cuff, always being tired, and now restless leg syndrome causing constant pain, I finally decided to see my doctor.

However it was not my doctor who helped me figure out what caused the restless leg syndrome, that was my mom.   Mom suggested I'm so tired all the time because I need iron.  I looked up restless leg syndrome and one of the web pages said that it is often associated with iron deficiency.  So I took iron supplements and the resless leg syndrome disappeared for about 6 hours.   Then I woke up in the middle of the night needing more iron, but taking more iron then caused nausea.

Also taking iron causes constipation, so I will have to buy a stool softener tomorrow too.  Lovely discussion on a blog, huh?  But its important to figure out all these parts of what is going on.

The other thing I learned at the doctor's office is that I've gained 7 pounds since I joined Weight Watchers 4 weeks ago.  That's almost 2 lbs a week -- and -- while taking liver cleanse detox supplements, tumeric supplements for swelling, and arnica supplements to help my shoulder heal!  That's after losing 2 pounds the first week!!   So that is disturbing and definately tells me I'm doing something wrong.  So I did start writing down everything I'm eating and I did go grocery shopping to make sure I have some good healthy foods, and I did go walking 3 times today too.  So I'm trying to fight the good fight, please help me god.  Honestly . . . please help me god!

I don't know why I've been gaining weight at such an alarming rate when it seems like I'm not eating enough and I'm taking herbal cleanse detox supplements, but maybe its just that my overall nutrition is so depleted that my body is just going crazy looking for the nutrients it needs.  Dr Joel Fuhrman writes that one should never do a detox when what is really needed is to build up nutrient reserves.  Maybe that's what I'm doing wrong.  Otherwise, I have no idea what is going on but I know I need a good nutritionist.

Oh and guess what advice my doctor gave me, she said I need to lose weight.  Duh!!!  So how much do I weigh? As of today I weigh 188.3 lbs and wear size 16!!!  Crazy!!   When I started school in Sept 2012 I was so healthy, my dog was so healthy, my parents were relatively healthy.  Then I started school and there was so much school work, I was always so tired that I stopped exercising and started living on coffee and chocolate.  It has cost me so much.  The 2 years in 10-months schooling cost more than my Bachleors Degreee and it damaged my rotator cuff.  It was such a HUGE!!! mistake.  I so regret it.  I'm so mad at that decision now.  I hate the world right now.  And all it did was delay dealing with my the pain of the divorce and losing First Love.  What a way to hobble myself.  Grrrrrr.

No comments: