19 March 2013

Ebb

Thank you Crysy for your encouragement, it means a lot to me!!!  You are very kind to reach out, thank you.

Well yesterday I weighed myself and was 170, that was good.  Today I'm 168 so that is better.  Now I have to continue with this downward trend.

What changed?  

Well, last week was a long hard week where I had to take a vacation day in order to put in some more school hours, and stay overnight in the town where the school is.  I stayed overnight with another student who did the same thing.  She turned out to be a very spiritual woman who believes that everything happens for a reason and for her benefit.   

Something she said that I can't remember anymore helped me turn a corner in regards to losing my first love.  Her belief in spiritual goodness and guides helped me have less skepticism and a little more hope.

While I was away, my dog was ill and so I have been worrying about him all weekend.  I have neglected my dog by not taking him to the veterinarian since I started the divorce in 2010, and especially since starting school.  So I see now that I really need to give him much better care.  So I am spending more time with him and I hope I've turned a corner with him too.

But I think it is the faith that things happen for good reasons and that there is more hope for the future.

Case in point,  the man I've been dating long distance, he booked a vacation cruise for us after school is done as a congratulations to me for completing the program.  That is very nice of him too and it does increase my motivation to just get through it.

So all in all, it has been a very good week, with people rallying around me to show me it is all worth the effort and I'm needed and cared for.  Plus this new extra motivation to look good while we are on vacation, will make the whole trip much more fun.


No comments: