10 December 2011

Week Two

Dec 10. This is the weekend of the first week transitioning into the Dr Fuhrman 6-week Holiday Challenge.

I didn't throw out all junk food and start out clean. I live with other people, its their house, and they would not appreciate such a clean out. That's not the way I like to do things anyway.  I'm transitioning into the program, taking this first week to clarify the important points that I should strive for.

When I start exercising I don't expect to do all the exercises perfectly, I expect to start out struggling and then slowly get better.  That's how I expect to transition into Dr Fuhrman's diet too.   Start out where I am and figure out how to better follow Dr Fuhrman's plan.

Dr Fuhrman advises "the simple formula is explained in Eat to Live.  
breakfast - fresh fruit
lunch - salad and soup and one fruit
dinner - salad or raw veggies with dip, steamed greens with mushrooms* and onions, fresh fruit.
nuts and seeds in the dressings and dips.
You can prepare all the food you need on Wednesday nights and Sundays.  You only need to pick a few simple recipes ans make one soup a week and two salad dressings a week."
*On the PBS show Dr Fuhrman advised all we need is 10 grams of cooked mushroom per day for benefit, this is one cooked mushroom per day.

One thing I did this week was buy ingrediants I've never tried:  kale, brussels sprouts, Braggs amino acids, and nutritional yeast.  I printed off a bunch of Dr Fuhrman salad dressing recipes and will make one or more of those this weekend.

I'll also make chili or soup this weekend, and some refried beans and hummus too.  Just to prepare for the week ahead.

Each week I'll try a new dark green vegetable.  I'm scared of dark green vegetables, scared to try them.  It makes no sense but oh well, now is the time to face my fear.  Romaine, Arugala (rocket), Watercress, Endive, Mustard greens, Bok choy, Spinach, Kohlrabi.   Cruciferous vegetables include cabbage, broccoli, brussels sprouts, asparagus.

I weigh 170.5 lbs today.  I am so relieved to be below the half way point and starting on the second half now.  I feel encouraged for the future too.

- - - - - - - - - - -UPDATE- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Dec 12. First day of week two, weigh 172 lbs.  grrrrrrr  But waist is smaller! YAY
Neck 13.5"
Bust 43.5"
Rib 37"
Waist 39"
Hips 41"
Bicep12.75" right
Thigh 22.75" right

7 comments:

Author said...

Monday:
breakfast berry, protein mix, aloe, cranberry juice smootie
lunch coffee w/soy milk, 300 cal protein, water
dinner salad w/dressing, chili, water, grain chips w/1 sl soy cheese, 1 avocado, 2 apples.

Author said...

Tuesday:
no breakfast
lunch 2 coffee w/soy milk, 2 choc chip cookies, orange, choc covered strawberry, water
dinner apple, granola bar, pudding w/fruit, veg, punch, 1 handful lemonheads, date bar, water.

Author said...

Wednesday:
breakfast fruit, protein mix, aloe, almond milk smoothie
lunch squash soup, broccoli, pineapple, green tea w/stevia
dinner veg soup, apple salad, 2 handful cashews, water. Made kale chips!

Author said...

Thursday:
no breakfast
lunch apple salad w/mayo, pecans, dried mango, squash soup, tea w/sweetner
dinner veg soup, 2 choc truffles, 1/2 cupcake, kale chips, kohlrabi, 1 sl choch cherry bread, water.

Author said...

Friday:
no breakfast
lunch veggies, tea w/sweetner, 2 choc truffles
dinner veg soup, apple salad w/mayo, salad w/vinegrette, kohlrabi, 1 sl choc cherry bread, 2 handful lemonheads, fruit, aloe, almond milk, protein mix smoothie.

Author said...

Saturday:
no breakfast
lunch 2 handful cashews, 2 c pasta w/tomato sauce, 1 Tbl parmesan, salad w/1 Tbl dressing, 2 mini Toblerone, 2 Coke
dinner fruit, choc cherry bread.

Author said...

Sunday:
no breakfast
lunch 4 sl cheese pizza 1 diet Coke 1/3 pineapple water
dinner 1 sl cheese pizza 1 diet Coke 1/3 pineapple 1 pomegranate.