Every month I seem to crave a new challenge to keep up the momentum, or revive my motivation to watch more carefully what I eat, to strengthen my resolve, to continue to eat less and exercise more.
Starting today and for the next 6 weeks, I'm going to follow the Dr Fuhrman Eat to Live plan of eating mostly fruit and vegetables that are either raw, or juiced, or steamed, as well as eating beans, nuts and seeds everyday.
I am looking forward to it, imagining it will feel like a spa. That's how I'm going to think of it anyway. It's not so different from how I've been eating on the gluten-free vegan plan; except I've been getting sloppy with that. (This past weekend I craved pizza and cheesy nachos like crazy as well as diet Coke. Too much fat, too much salt.) In fact it's the plan I always imagined would be the most healthful way to eat. So it will be interesting to see how good it is. Fingers crossed.
I am committed to my health and I am taking Dr Fuhrman's Holiday Challenge! This year, as I celebrate the holidays and enjoy the company of my friends and family, I will make food choices to support my health.
For the next 6 weeks I promise to:
satisfy my sweet tooth with 3 fruits a day,
have at least one fulfulling serving of beans each day.
For the next 6 weeks I promise to:
avoid white flour,
avoid sugar and artificial sweetners,
use oils sparingly.
I will resist peer pressure and tempting toxic food that would derail me from my health goals.
I will not compromise my health to please others.
I will set an example of health-mindedness for those around me.
I am looking forward to it, imagining it will feel like a spa. That's how I'm going to think of it anyway. It's not so different from how I've been eating on the gluten-free vegan plan; except I've been getting sloppy with that. (This past weekend I craved pizza and cheesy nachos like crazy as well as diet Coke. Too much fat, too much salt.) In fact it's the plan I always imagined would be the most healthful way to eat. So it will be interesting to see how good it is. Fingers crossed.
Weight: 177.5 lbs (This weight might just be a fluke. I weighed 174 the day before and after.)
Bust: 44.5"
Waist: 41.5"
Hips: 43.5"
Bicep: 13.5" right
Thigh: 22.5" right
I am committed to my health and I am taking Dr Fuhrman's Holiday Challenge! This year, as I celebrate the holidays and enjoy the company of my friends and family, I will make food choices to support my health.
For the next 6 weeks I promise to:
eat a large salad everyday,
eat a generous serving of steamed greens with mushrooms and onions,satisfy my sweet tooth with 3 fruits a day,
have at least one fulfulling serving of beans each day.
For the next 6 weeks I promise to:
avoid white flour,
avoid sugar and artificial sweetners,
use oils sparingly.
I will resist peer pressure and tempting toxic food that would derail me from my health goals.
I will not compromise my health to please others.
I will set an example of health-mindedness for those around me.

7 comments:
Monday:
breakfast salad w/1/2 egg, 1 Tbl cranberry sauce, 1 Tbl raspberry vinegrette, fruit salad in light syrup, white tea, water.
lunch hot apple cider, fruit juice, oolong tea.
dinner salad, apple, flax chips w/kidney beans, taco sauce, 2 slices tofu cheese, water.
Tuesday:
no breakfast
lunch black tea, sweetened herb tea, 2 laffy taffy
dinner 3/4 c white rice w/2 c szechuan fried tofu and veg, 1 slice mango cake, 6 jelly bellies.
Wednesday:
breakfast applesauce, 2 pieces licorice
lunch 2 coconut aloe juice, 2 green machine juice, salad, 2 Tbl raspberry vinigrette, fruit mix, oolong tea
dinner <1/2 cheese pizza, diet Coke, salad, 1 Tbl Western dressing, 2 handful nuts, 1 apple, 2 Tbl peanut butter, water.
Thursday:
breakfast berries yogurt aloe juice smoothie
lunch butternut soup, protein 300 cal, black tea, 2 Tbl protein powder, iced herb tea, 1 Tbl goji berries
dinner salad 2 Tbl ranch dressing, apple, baby carrots, 4 Tbl pepper hummus, water.
Friday:
breakfast fruit, aloe, almond milk smoothie
lunch veg, 3 Tbl hummus, 2 C apple cider, 1 slice cheese, 1 slice cake w/frosting, 1 choc chip cookie
dinner salad 1 Tbl Western dressing, baby carrots, 3/4 C hummus, 1 slice bread, 1 Tbl peanut butter, 1 Tbl low sugar jam, strawberry, aloe, orange juice, almond milk smoothie.
Saturday:
no breakfast
lunch banana, protein drink, aloe, eggnog smoothie, 2 handful cashews
dinner chili, brussels sprouts, radishes, apple, date bar, water.
Sunday:
breakfast berry, protein mix, aloe, almond milk smoothie
lunch 3 serv vegetable soup, apple salad w/mayo dressing and pecans, water w/cranberry juice, 1 apple
dinner chili, 2 handfuls cashews, 2 handfuls lemonheads, 1 diet Coke, water.
Post a Comment