I watched the documentary Forks Over Knives tonight. Its great! All of sudden all the confusing and conflicting dietary information became clear, all the lies seen through, all the truths shining through.
I found part of the scientific reason why I became obese in the documentary, and stated clearly in the book Keep it Simple, Keep it Whole: Your Guide to Optimum Health by Pulde and Lederman.
I found part of the scientific reason why I became obese in the documentary, and stated clearly in the book Keep it Simple, Keep it Whole: Your Guide to Optimum Health by Pulde and Lederman.
"Without even realizing it, we begin to rely on these foods to make us feel a certain way. There is a reason why we seek out pizza and brownies (higher calorie density and more dopomine released) and not cauliflower and wheatgrass (lower calorie density and less dopomine released) when we are feeling stressed and depressed. We are in fact drugging ourselves with the foods we eat (choosing more calorie-dense foods that stimulate more of a dopomine release).
And like addicts, (which, in fact, we have unknowingly become) over time we develop tolerence, eventually seeking a greater high, which leads us to eat even more of these processed fatty foods."
Dr Fuhrman's blog entry on Dopomine.
Dr Fuhrman's blog entry on Dopomine.

No comments:
Post a Comment