14 December 2011

Challenge

A friend sent this very motivating video:  23 and 1/2 hours: What is the single best thing we can do for our health?

Doctor Mike Evans cleverly poses a personal challenge to combat sitting disease:  Can you limit your sleeping and sitting to just 23 and 1/2 hours per day?

This fall I have been walking with friends at lunchtime and it was fun while we talked, very fun.  But when my walking partners had other things to do, then I'd go by myself and felt bored just walking around the track.


I've been collecting motivating pictures about running on the Pinterest website.  These pictures mentally offered  a new challenge.  So I started by just trying to run half way around the track.  I did it twice the first day.  I was so proud of myself!  So the next time I ran all the way around the track!  It really was an effort and cleared out my lungs.

Then I'd walk one, run one, etc. running a little more each time.  Well yesterday I finally worked up to running 1 mile steady!!!! Thats 8 laps!   I walked 2 laps, ran 8 laps, walked 2 laps, ran 8 laps, walked 2 laps.  It makes me feel like an athlete, and my lungs feel cleaner than they have ever felt in my life and that is what keeps me going back.  I love that feeling!

Today I finally reached the 160s also - 169.5 lbs so that is reason to celebrate too. (Update:  18 Dec - 168.5.)

No comments: