03 April 2015

Duvet

Full moon tonight.

Been thinking a lot about a lot lately.  Thinking about First Love, and being angry at him and yet grateful that I finally have resolution about that.  I still regret that I loved and lost him, but on the other hand, am grateful to have figured that he and I were a bad match.  Glad to have figured out I want, need, and deserve a more loving and trusting relationship than the one he and I had.

Still friends with Nicest Boyfriend I've Ever Had and wish he'd just ask me to marry him, but unexpectedly have been asked out by Old Friend.  Was very excited to date Old Friend, very excited, but not sure if we are a good match. We don't necessarily share common interests that are shared with Nicest Boyfriend I've Ever Had, and I like that we have shared interests.

Old Friend is much more like every other guy I've dated: very optimistic, very friendly, very fast-moving, very masculine in more aggressive ways, I imagine he would push or encourage me to do things he thinks are healthy and positive.

Nicest Boyfriend I've Ever had is unlike any other guy I've dated: much more slow-moving, much more quiet, still very masculine and aggressive in ways that would not hurt anyone, perhaps more genuinely optimistic, more thoughtful than anyone I've ever dated.  Encourages me but isn't too insistent on it.  But cheap perhaps, although he enjoys giving me presents and cards for holidays.

It's hard to know what to think.  I know Nicest Boyfriend better and I like that he's unlike anyone else I've ever dated.  On the other hand, Old Friend does spark excitement with me.  We'll see what happens.

If you like it, then you better put a ring on it.  
I want to get married, 
if anyone wants me to date them exclusively
then they better ask me to marry them first.


No comments: