I'm selling most of my possessions. This is more traumatic than I expected. The auction house took a lot of stuff away, then a consignment shop took more. I had to pay someone to take away the last of it to the dump.
It's sort of hit me like a ton of bricks all of a sudden. I just feel a little emotionally overwhelmed. My ex-husband and I decorated our house together and now all of that collaboration is going away. It really had been the best collaboration of both of our tastes and ideas. We both have very good taste. If I ever have a house again, I have almost nothing to bring from my past.
I know feng shui experts say that you have to get rid of the old to make room for the new, but I feel rootless right now. To own almost nothing, lots of people go through this against their will when natural disasters hit them. I'm doing it by choice, or maybe better to say I'm doing it by lack of better choices, so its easier for me, than people who have everything taken away by surprise and against their will.
It's still hard though. May it lead to a new and better future; I hope so.
My teachers used to say 'don't be upset when people steal your ideas, it means your ideas are worth stealing, and know that you always have more where those came from.' So I guess that's partly how I have to look at it, that I still have good taste, and in the future I might have another opportunity to try brand new ideas.
This is just the next step of the divorce, just another step in cutting our ties. I don't know if that's good or not. Our marriage didn't succeed in the long run, but it wasn't a total failure, when we were together, we had some success. Maybe I just need to mourn the loss; acknowledge and mourn, then lay it to rest.
Full steam forward ahead, I guess. No other choice now.
It's sort of hit me like a ton of bricks all of a sudden. I just feel a little emotionally overwhelmed. My ex-husband and I decorated our house together and now all of that collaboration is going away. It really had been the best collaboration of both of our tastes and ideas. We both have very good taste. If I ever have a house again, I have almost nothing to bring from my past.
I know feng shui experts say that you have to get rid of the old to make room for the new, but I feel rootless right now. To own almost nothing, lots of people go through this against their will when natural disasters hit them. I'm doing it by choice, or maybe better to say I'm doing it by lack of better choices, so its easier for me, than people who have everything taken away by surprise and against their will.
It's still hard though. May it lead to a new and better future; I hope so.
My teachers used to say 'don't be upset when people steal your ideas, it means your ideas are worth stealing, and know that you always have more where those came from.' So I guess that's partly how I have to look at it, that I still have good taste, and in the future I might have another opportunity to try brand new ideas.
This is just the next step of the divorce, just another step in cutting our ties. I don't know if that's good or not. Our marriage didn't succeed in the long run, but it wasn't a total failure, when we were together, we had some success. Maybe I just need to mourn the loss; acknowledge and mourn, then lay it to rest.
Full steam forward ahead, I guess. No other choice now.

No comments:
Post a Comment