Nicest Boyfriend I've ever had, didn't realize I thought we had broken up. He phoned me, happy as usual without a clue that I had been worried that we broke up. It never occurred to him.
. ! .
That is the second time this happened. I start to see a pattern, and think it was partly my fault:
1. He avoids talking to me as often, this time it was for 1/2 a week;
2. when I notice he's pulling away, I ask him about it.
3. When I can't figure out whats going on, I fall back into my fears and ask him if he wants to break up?
4. He says . . . . 'yes?' . . .
5. so I think we are broken up.
. ! .
That is the second time this happened. I start to see a pattern, and think it was partly my fault:
1. He avoids talking to me as often, this time it was for 1/2 a week;
2. when I notice he's pulling away, I ask him about it.
3. When I can't figure out whats going on, I fall back into my fears and ask him if he wants to break up?
4. He says . . . . 'yes?' . . .
5. so I think we are broken up.
If this happens again I'll have to be careful to avoid expressing my fears. Just leave it alone, assume the best. Maybe I'll have to just ignore his reluctant behaviour, assume all is well unless he tells me otherwise.
I've noticed the pattern, so I should know enough to avoid it again. I hope I am smart enough to do that. I worry I am misinterpreting his behaviour or noticing patterns that aren't there. So I just have to focus on myself intsead. Slim. Focus on being slim. See only that goal. Slim. Tunnel vision.

No comments:
Post a Comment