04 July 2011

Independence Day

Today is Independence Day in America. Gorgeous blue skies, warm sunny weather. Fireworks, picnics, swimming in the lake, biking, and walking in the woods.

Last June I planned to exercise at YMCA with a co-worker but the same week I had an unexpected expense that meant I could no longer afford to pay for YMCA weekly membership.

Last December I started proceedings on a divorce that could have been done in March but it is taking longer than I expected.

Now its July and its hot and my blood sugar levels are feeling precarious every day. I'm feeling FAT, super FAT. I think its just the heat and wanting to be slim. But I am feeling a little bit frustrated and lot anxious. Wanting to eat to calm down.

"If you aren't hungry enough to eat an apple, you're not hungry." But here's a tip: grapefruit juice is a natural appetite suppressant and helps stop sweet cravings. So in my case it will be, if you're not hungry enough to eat a grapefruit then you're not hungry.

So I'm in the slugging away despite feeling uncomfortable and unsatisfied phase. Just keep slugging away. I have to focus on the weight I've lost so far, Fireworks of celebration for being almost 50 pounds lighter! So Independence Day next year I expect to be much more slim, even if I still feel fat due to the heat.

No comments: