07 October 2016

Pretend

I've been playing a game for a couple of months now.  A friend, a colleague, came into my office this summer and in the nicest possible way, made me realize that I need to start wearing makeup at work. 


I used to wear makeup in my 20s and 30s, but then I started going to an aesthetician and she made my skin look like a movie star's!  With so much focus on skincare I needed very little makeup to look nice, and wanted to wear as little as possible to avoid blocking my pores with gunk.




Then I got married and couldn't afford to have my monthly appointment with an aesthetician but I still avoided wearing makeup.   So yes, my friend and colleague was right, I do need to start wearing makeup again and I have, and it has renewed my interest in makeup and skincare, as well as all the new products and techniques of wearing makeup.


I have not been focusing on my weight at all; therefore I have continued to gain weight, of course.  But I'm still not ready to focus on my weight.  I'm getting closer, but I still have a ways to go.  What I am focusing on is learning how to wear makeup, as well as improve my skincare and hair care. 


I have been watching a ton of vlogs, video blogs, to learn as much as I can about organic, natural, vegan and cruelty-free products.  It's fascinating. And I have been performing daily pretend vlogs of my own, in the mirror as I'm putting on my makeup each day and washing it off each night.  It's fun.  It's super fun to learn about all these subjects I've long been interested in, on and off throughout my life.


Interest in makeup, lead to interest in skincare, lead to interest in cruelty-free and vegan makeup, lead to an interest in nontoxic cruelty-free vegan makeup, lead to an interest in organic and natural cruelty-free and vegan makeup and skincare companies.  So it's only a matter of time till this comes full circle and feeds my desire to be slim and healthy again, I hope.


In the meantime, it's loads of fun, and super interesting.  I will try to update this blog with my pretend vlogs from time to time now.  Wishing you peace and gratitude.

No comments: